i30 Owners Club

Door Handle issue

Offline thered85

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      W.A - SOR
Hi all -
I needed to open up my Driver (RHS) door panelling etc - because a clip had broke that wind's the window up and down - glass had therefore fallen (not broken - thankfully) and I needed to replace -
All I needed was the clip but everyone tried to sell the the whole panel for $180 to $350 just for the parts - all I needed was a clip and wire - found a website that sells these components as a repair kit for $70 - 5minutes and its all fitted - go to replace the panel and therefore needed to put the door handle back on - but I'm having issues.
Essentially the door latch wont click into place - there is a latch inside (does this need to be retracted so I can slide the door latch on - then just push and click the barrel lock into place?
Its very fiddly - does anyone know of any videos or pics that can assist?
Thanks
  • 2010 i30 diesel

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
  :wacko: we seem to jump inside to out. Key barrel tells me you want to take outside handle off.
Is so, remove  the rubber grommet on the edge that goes into the B pillar. There is an 8mm hex bolt >unscrew> remove section with key barrel> slide handle sideways and remove.

If its a problem with inside locking, you should have done the above, then removed lock mech. , inside handle and cables all in tact. Reverse to finish job.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal