i30 Owners Club

where you buy the K&N air filter from and how much?

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
Dazz - would be keen to find out where you buy the K&N air filter from and how much?
Is it a pod or a panel for i30 PD and would this void factory warranty or not?
Thanks!
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dazz - would be keen to find out where you buy the K&N air filter from and how much?
Is it a pod or a panel for i30 PD and would this void factory warranty or not?
Thanks!

Just a drop in replacement. Won't affect warranty at all.

Got it from these guys in the USA - took about 2 weeks (They still seem the cheapest on Ebay)

:link: K&N Air Filter New for Hyundai Elantra 2017 33-5050 | eBay
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
awesome! i'll look into them.

Now there's a long standing debate about whether they actually "work". I'm not expecting much of a power increase (if any at all to be honest), but i think it might make the engine/exhaust note sound a little bit deeper/better? Have you noticed a change or is it wishful thinking?

Unfortunately the standard engine/exhaust note COULD be a little more aggressive, specially on the SR which I can see you have (and i'll be receiving soon :happydance:)
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
awesome! i'll look into them.

Now there's a long standing debate about whether they actually "work". I'm not expecting much of a power increase (if any at all to be honest), but i think it might make the engine/exhaust note sound a little bit deeper/better? Have you noticed a change or is it wishful thinking?

Unfortunately the standard engine/exhaust note COULD be a little more aggressive, specially on the SR which I can see you have (and i'll be receiving soon :happydance:)
Filter will help with responsiveness and slight power increase, engine and exhaust note won't change as you are still running standard intake system and exhaust.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I gave it a bit of stick a couple of times yesterday and my mate Dorian thought it sounded a bit "throatier" with the new filter... 

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Probably a bit more than a little stick if you heard a bit of induction burble  :honk: :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:D

Offline electroman5000

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester, UK
I just got K&N filter for my GD from Amazon (i'm in UK), ordered on Friday, got it on Monday. Was the almost the cheapest as well.
Already fitted, let's see how does it feel now.
  • 2014 1.6 CRDi 128hp Style "Cream"

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just got K&N filter for my GD from Amazon (i'm in UK), ordered on Friday, got it on Monday. Was the almost the cheapest as well.
To get the full benefit of the improved air flow the filter can provide you’ll need to open up the intake side of the airbox, it’s all the pre-ducting and silencer box that’s the real killer on the GD’s.

You will notice a slight better response though and the money saved from replacing factory filters will pay for itself in no time :)

Offline electroman5000

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester, UK
To get the full benefit of the improved air flow the filter can provide you’ll need to open up the intake side of the airbox, it’s all the pre-ducting and silencer box that’s the real killer on the GD’s.

You will notice a slight better response though and the money saved from replacing factory filters will pay for itself in no time :)

Hm, now it's getting interesting. A silencer on the air intake? That's something new. And how do you bypass/optimise all those bits? I've seen some crazy videos - pure redneck style, like drilling the airbox from all sides etc... :Shocked:
  • 2014 1.6 CRDi 128hp Style "Cream"

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well in my case I removed all the pre duct an silencer then ported out the intake side large enough too fit some 76mm flex duct which I routed behind the fog lamps to the front grill.

I also just realised you have a diesel so I’m unsure whether you have the same pre duct and silencer setup like the petrol models :head_butt:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal