NW Sydney Aust
Just found this post on WP forum, got to be kidding  :eek:

H Veloster
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Just an opinion but no way that could be restored. With the heat through the steel and all the gap fillers and sealers used when they make these how could you ever warrant the repair.

Maybe they're stalling? Maybe they're thinking fraud? Who knows But I knew a couple who had a commodre stolen, and it was NRMA. Theyy ended up claiming they arranged it which was BS.

I've stayed clear of NRMA beacuse of that story, but there's a bad story for every insurer.

I can't take that seriously unless someone has first hand experience @nzenigma  with a burnt out shell being rebuilt.

They would have to get a complete car that's written off and do a complete transfer.

Tag that one, can't wait to see what really happens. Far out. :crazy1:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Looking at the criteria it would be hard to see how it wasn't.

Even if the fire didn't touch the required 3 points (i can see 2) the cost of a rolling shell and the replacement parts would be massive I would have thought.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's absolutely insane! Keep us posted on the outcome if it gets reported please!  :crazy2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Not sure whose winding who up, but that is a Statutory Writeoff.

1. maybe the owner was talking to some new confused Bimbo in the office. Got the wrong file?

2. From past experience, a torched car automatically becomes a  Police - forensic case.

3. In the past, I did the hero act when a Tarago crashed down into bush near our house.

Middle of the night, there was flame inside and the horn was beeping as if someone was inside.

I opened the the passenger door, got a glimpse of empty seats, just before the wagon exploded.

I was only slightly burnt, obviously it had been stolen and set up for a torching.

Point to the story here is that over the next month I had to make several statements to the Police.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline DragOn

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Reading through the whirlpool post, i would hazard a guess that the police are investigating the theft.
The keys were "stolen" from the owners house while they were home. The police would have to rule out fraud.
Then the insurance company would pay out  once police are satisfied it was a theft.
Not sure why they would say it's repairable, maybe stalling until the police report comes in.
  • i30 GD 5 Door Hatch 1.8l Auto Silver | '74 4 Door Torana | '09 FD Manual 2.0l

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just read up on it, they wrote it off.

Now old mate is in an argument as to his 'factory driven demo' is actually a used car. If it is a demo he gets a new one, if not he gets market value.

I have never had a market value policy for this reason....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just read up on it, they wrote it off.

Now old mate is in an argument as to his 'factory driven demo' is actually a used car. If it is a demo he gets a new one, if not he gets market value.

I have never had a market value policy for this reason....

Sounds like his factory driven demo might be his best option!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal