i30 Owners Club

Master Cylinder and ABS pump

Offline luigi888

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Recently my i30 brake pedal sink to the floor after holding for few seconds. Send it to two shops and both said it was the master cylinder failure. The replacement unit is quite expensive @ 500+gst. The shop charge 150 for labour and brake fuel. However, after replaced the master cylinder, the pedal still sink to the floor after the first press, I have to release and press again then it would stay at the normal position. Bring it back to the shop and the mechanic spent two day working out why the new master cylinder would behave like that. He also asked the dealer to send another unit in case the first on was faulty. No luck on the 2nd unit. He suspected something may be wrong with the ABS unit, and he replaced it with a 2ns hand unit (new one he quoted from dealer was 2000+, and I would replace the car instead , mine i30 is 2008 FD model). Finally, the replacement ABS unit seems fixed the problem.
Just wonder if any anyone encounter such problem. I only did 75000km and mainly on city driving. I don't believed the master cylinder and ABS unit should failed on cars at this age and mileage.  Unfortunately my car was off the warranty period and this time it cost me around $1000 to fix the issue (well my mechanic only charged me $150 just for the parts as a favor  for longer time customer, if my car was in the hands of dealer, it would hit the 3K mark!!)
  • i30 slx petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal