i30 Owners Club

88HP vs 114HP vs 126HP

ddamo · 5 · 2541

Offline ddamo

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland
Hi,
I'm new to Hyundai but after having compared Focus/Golf/i30 and some others, I've decided to spend my money on an i30.  I don't have a lot to spend so I'm more or less in the 1st Gen / 2008 / 10yr old car range and my question is around the Diesel 1.6 CRDi.

I'd like to get the 114HP or 126HP model - how can I distinguish these models from the 88HP (and from each other)?  I've been looking online and can't find a clear answer.  The descriptions on second hand car websites sometimes leave a lot to be desired and, short of asking the owner, is there a particular extra/trim/engine number I should look for?

Regards,
Damian
  • in the market for an i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Damian,

Good question. I'll be interested to know the answer myself!  :crazy1:

We don't get the different levels of output in Australia. They usually only give us the highest output versions (lucky eh!)

I either didn't know, or had forgotten that there were three levels available over there. I seem to only recall 90hp and 120 something hp mentioned before?  :undecided:

I think the torque figures are similar for all variants, so get the impression there isn't a huge difference in outright performance.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Burger28

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gloucestershire, UK
On Autotrader you can use the 'Economy & Performance' tab to see the power.

In other cases go on :link: Confused.com: Car Insurance Quotation and put the reg into the box. This will bring up the information for that vehicle and you should see something like "Model   I30 COMFORT CRDI (113)" with the hp shown in brackets at the end.

If you're viewing the car in person there's a sticker inside one of the doors which will say the model and power.

Hope this helps.
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Silver

Offline ddamo

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Ireland
That's fantastic ... Thanks Burger
  • in the market for an i30

Offline Burger28

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Gloucestershire, UK
No problem. They're really great cars, you shouldn't be disappointed!
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal