ASA Autotechnik Saretz TUNINGBOX for i30 Diesel

Shambles · 191 · 93174

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
From http://autotechnik-saretz.de

Following a splendid review by a fellow moderator on HOCGB (see my sig) I emailed these guys about a discount for purchase.

I will be purchasing one of these gadgets as soon as I receive a reply. Note that we can obtain these at 99 EUR (not the quoted 148 EUR) because of a discount we have negotiated.

Here's the review

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Shambles,

I haven't read all that info yet but looks like a bargain... are you going to be the Guinea "Pig"  :lol:

That's what we call call people in Aus who try something out first....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Shambles,

I haven't read all that info yet but looks like a bargain... are you going to be the Guinea "Pig"  :lol:

That's what we call call people in Aus who try something out first....
Hi Dazz,

Yes we use that term too but the reviewer has had one in his Tucson for a few months so he's been the guinea pig. I just got a reply from the manufacturers and they'll ship one for 109 EUR, so I'll be ordering one in the next couple of hours.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Shambles,
The guinea pig in the review could be fictional, or paid by the company, how would you know?
I look forward to your non-bias opinion on the product when you trial it :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I ordered mine this morning but I won't be fitting it until after my 1st service in 2 weeks time.

And if it doesn't make me smile during low revs, it'll go straight back  :D

Yes, the reviewer could be fictional although I've been following his progress over the past 6 months before he wrote the review.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Good review and in language me a none techie can follow.

I'll see what results shambles get before I commit.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
i came across something like that over here. it cannot be detected at the service, easy as1-2-3 to install and cheap. i found it for about 140 euros. i'll wait for feedback from shambles,then i will consider buying one ;)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Good luck Shambles.
hey i had some bad luck, a Roo hopped out in front of the car i was following he stoped i stopped and the young guy following me used my car to stop. but not too bad compared to what his car looks like. bloody Roo's the sooner you start eating them in GB the better :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi lakes .... :cry:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi lakes .... :cry:
Hey Dazz i was down the coast it was raining, was in my i30 was surprised how well it stood up to the impact as it was 100kph speed limit. the mazda that hit me up the rear looked bad and bent.
the good part is i can now get a tow bar as the rear bumper will have to come off.

Shambles my friend in USA that has a VW 1.9TDI Jetta 6 speed DSG got one of those fuel adder's from this company, his is adjustable and he got good gains and tested it on a dyno as well as on a track, before his GPS showed his top speed that he could reach was 115mph, after he fitted this and at the E setting ( ajustable) his GPS speedo showed 137MPH. he e mailed me the other day told me the same company now offer a turbo boost adjustment.
this is link to the unit he used but it's for VW TDI http://www.dieseltuning.ca/modules/digi_tpc.html

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for the info John. I got mine and it is adjustable. It was preset at the wrong position (according to the German guide) so I reset it ready to be fitted sometime soon. Just 2 screws to remove the cover to have a play, which is what I'll be doing very very very soon.

Offline i30mania

• 3rd Gear

• tr Turkey
      Istanbul,Turkey

• Proud Owner Since 2007
I am using that tuningbox since 4 months which I have purchased from same guy.

It helped to improve low rpm performance, but only disadvantage I experienced the trip computer gives wrong data of fuel consumption and km to go . My fuel finished in a shopping center's parking area  :evil:
  • Opel Insignia 1.6Turbo

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "i30mania"
I am using that tuningbox since 4 months which I have purchased from same guy.
Thanks for the info. What setting have you placed the rotary adjuster at?

Quote from: "i30mania"
It helped to improve low rpm performance, but only disadvantage I experienced the trip computer gives wrong data of fuel consumption and km to go . My fuel finished in a shopping center's parking area  :mrgreen:

Offline i30mania

• 3rd Gear

• tr Turkey
      Istanbul,Turkey

• Proud Owner Since 2007
It came adjusted at 1 by default, havent touch or open the box until last week because I scared to harm my engine.

I placed it to 2 but I havent seen any difference.

As I was plugging the box, made a terrible mistake. I plug the wrong side up of the connector. Thought it should be designed , you cannot plug it wrong. Be careful of that. Engine started but no response to the pedal. I am very lucky for not harming the engine.
  • Opel Insignia 1.6Turbo

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The guide says the rotary dial should be set at quarter to 9 o'clock. Mine was set at "1" which didn't seem right so I changed it. Only 2 screws to undo.

Try changing yours to that setting

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
hi!
i've had one of this powerboxes/tuningbox etc...

i didn't have it now, i plug it off because i've had problem with some part in my gearbox (i don't know what's the name of that part in English, but it synchronize something in gearbox , when turning on 2nd gear)
i have it mounted in service before buying my car, and they said that it should be plug off if i don't want to have problems with car (or something like that)
it cost me something about 1500 AUD (2600 PLN - Polish Zloty's :P

again, sorry for my English :P

P.S.
That's my graph after box.
115BHP -> 143 BHP
255NM -> 279 NM

--

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Sopel, your english is good.
Is your car Auto trans 4 speed? or manuel trans 5 speed?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

HI Sopel - long time no see (how's it going?)

Offline sopel

• 2nd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bytom, Poland
hi again :P
but answering to your question. great :P ) and my little accident, that i didn't mention before. but it was long time ago (march 08) and then i was without my car for above 1,5 month.
maybe later i will post some more info about what happened there :)
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "sopel"

don't off topic 8-)

But I forgive you  :P

27,000 getting some good numbers up now (did you take pix of damage)?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Sopel, are they going to do your gearbox under warranty?
sometimes when you get a motor to make more power & Torque than they have stock. And you drive them hard under full excelleration they can be much harder to shift fast, especialy from first to second gear as more pressure on the gears. for racing they do things to the gear box to help shift fast, but it's not always good for street cars especially if they do a lot of miles, as after a while they can jump out of gear when you have them in a lower gear and you back off.
only other thing you could do is change the gearbox oil for a better quality oil. i like Redline Heavy shockproof gear oil but not sure what one would suit the i30 box? they have a light shockproof oil too, these oil's are fully synthetic and help gear shifting noticibly. they are expencive , i think last time i checked was about $150 Liter. but probably other good oil's out there too.

When is Shambles going to plug in the box? :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "Lakes"
When is Shambles going to plug in the box? :lol:

Fergie has her liquids replaced on Friday while I'm at work.

The Box will be fitted Saturday morning  :mrgreen:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Shambles, look forward to it m8.
are you after more performance or just seeing if you can improve economy?

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
A bit of both. My main interest is in throttle response as I'm starting to get annoyed when I slow down on the highway then need to speed up; if I don't floor it I get nothing for quite a while (except a few puffs of smoke). Also, setting off from a standstill is sluggish and this box promises much improvement in that department :mrgreen:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Quote from: "Shambles"
A bit of both. My main interest is in throttle response as I'm starting to get annoyed when I slow down on the highway then need to speed up; if I don't floor it I get nothing for quite a while (except a few puffs of smoke). Also, setting off from a standstill is sluggish and this box promises much improvement in that department :mrgreen:

Hey Shambles, i tried to reply to you last night m8 but i was Forbidden, no worries,
Hey Shambles what you are describing is the normal diesel throtle lag, it is just sompthing diesel's do m8, it is because they don't use a throtle body like a petrol motor. like with a petrol motor you push the throtle and the butterfly lets in a small amount of air the injectors inject fuel, if you got a low performance petrol they start to move sort of :lol: I don't think Shifty wants a trip computer :lol:
Cheers m8

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Cheers Lakes me old buddy.

From what I've learned about this Bosch unit, it'll improve the response time. Time will tell. Forty eight hours to be precise  :D

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT

I haven't noticed anything like this, instant throttle response when on the highway in 5th gear. From a standstill I use 2nd gear mostly (Unless pointing uphill)

No puffs of anything out the back of mine!

Though only issue I'm still having is overboost down under 2,000 rpm (Have put the stock exhaust back on for two tanks (2,000km)) still doing it. I am recording roughly 18.5psi just under 2,000rpm then the engine starts to miss (Bucks like a it's running on 2 pots) as boost suddenly drops back down to 7.3psi. Flooring it results in nothing. Drop down a gear for a second, then back up to the gear it was having problems with, no more issues. Pulls like a freight train!

Hyundai keep saying it's turbo lag. My guess they have no idea and trying to fob me off. I just wish I could speak to someone who actually has a brain between their ears!  :roll:

Oh, yeah, stock exhaust has resulted in very poor economy (For me) now sitting on 5.1lt/100km for around town. (All ok down low, but struggles above 3,000rpm)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Cheers Lakes me old buddy.

From what I've learned about this Bosch unit, it'll improve the response time. Time will tell. Forty eight hours to be precise  :D

Shambles me young m8 ;)
also was interesting to see you worried your replacement Suzzie swift had you worried she could not handle the Motorway, my m8 here his partner dumped a diesel Range Rover for one of them swifty's but i've never driven one just she likes it it has 17" mags. but it looks a lot less car than the i30 when you get close.
hope they wash Fergie as part of the service?
cheers m8
ps you can see that little flag? :lol:

ouri30
Lakes,

i go off easy but once i get going i go

:o

Bob

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal