i30 Owners Club

Chipexpress

Berber · 4 · 2260

Offline Berber

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham
One of the few issues I had with my i30 was the occasional lag power-wise. With this in mind I looked around for a chip or remap. I ended up with Chipexpress. My reason being that the car only has 7,900 miles on it and I wanted to diable or remove the device prior to its service.

Now the Chipexpress isn’t cheap (£400) but it comes with a 3 year guarantee, is easy to install and remove and comes with a 14 day refund if not satisfied.

I ordered it on the Friday and it arrived the following morning. It took 10 minutes to fit and I left the settings at optimal.

Since fitting I have done 2 journeys, one around town and today on a 35 mile commute. I didn’t expect miracles but expected to see improvement with the lag.

With my foot down there was a noticeable improvement. On short journeys, I had to change gear less and the engine ran smoother. On the commute this morning I really noticed the difference. There is a distinct lack of lag and gear changes are fewer. If, for example, you changed to second for a corner, I can now do that in third.

All in all I am impressed with it and can recommend it. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 14:05:54 by Berber »
  • i30 CRDi Sport

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Berber, good info.. keep us posted on economy effects etc.. please.. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The real test should be reduced fuel consumption. If the engine truly is making more power, allowing for reduced gear changing, then it should use less juice, unless you are driving faster and more aggressively. Brim your tank and let us know the results.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Berber

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham
Will do guys. My previous experience is that the fuel consumption does not change. That said, this is an economical car and and subtle changes to gear changing should produce better fuel consumption.
  • i30 CRDi Sport

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal