i30 Owners Club

time has come

jesam · 10 · 3574

Offline jesam

• 2nd Gear

• cy Cyprus
      kyrenia
Ok the time has come to see if we can get this i30 moving so if any members of the forum have good ideas please post .
1 turbo i want a bigger one

2 intercooler i want one to fit lower grill just under the number plate

3 in car adjustable boost kit

these are the parts that i am interested in at the moment
any help with finding these parts would be much appreciated  :head_butt:
  • hyundai i30 2008 crdi

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Good luck with the mods.
Not something I'm into (with this car) but will be interested to see the results.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think you'll need to visit your local high performance auto shop to get an idea of what your options may be, remapping would be my first suggestion for a diesel.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

I think you'll need to visit your local high performance auto shop to get an idea of what your options may be, remapping would be my first suggestion for a diesel.

Agree about getting a remap but wouldn't you wait and do it once the bigger turbo and inter cooler are installed?

Don't forget about high flow exhaust.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Agree about getting a remap but wouldn't you wait and do it once the bigger turbo and inter cooler are installed?
True! depending on how much power you're after though...a remap alone might be sufficient :undecided: which is why jesam needs to speak to a performance shop to get some figures and weigh up the options - cost vs power.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

True! depending on how much power you're after though...a remap alone might be sufficient :undecided: which is why jesam needs to speak to a performance shop to get some figures and weigh up the options - cost vs power.
Very true but judging by the first post I think he wants the hard parts pretty bad :)
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Very true but judging by the first post I think he wants the hard parts pretty bad :)

I had a girlfriend like that once... :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

I had her too!  (& first).  :mrgreen:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I had her too!  (& first).  :mrgreen:

That's why she dumped you for me!  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
6k for a new 1.6 turbo crate engine + $700 for a nitrous kit :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal