i30 Owners Club

Max Power

Offline Stuwoolf

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      A wee town south of Glasgow
Been looking around the web for info on when max torque and bhp kicks in. No point in reving the nuts off the engine beyond that point.

The reason this has become an issue is I'm feeling under powered.........should have bought more cubes  :undecided:  :(  :'(  :(

Any ideas on the revs when max happens?
  • 2014, i30, 5 Door Hatch, 1.4 Active, Petrol, 6 Speed Manual, Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It should be mentioned in your manual, with a little search of the Hyundai uk website it appears your 1.4ltr is 73.6kw/99Hp @ 6000rpm and Torque ( Nm/Lbs ft ) 134.4/99 @ 3500
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 13:59:29 by CraigB »

Offline Stuwoolf

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      A wee town south of Glasgow
It should be mentioned in your manual, with a little search of the Hyundai uk website it appears your 1.4ltr is 73.6kw/99Hp @ 6000rpm and Torque ( Nm/Lbs ft ) 134.4/99 @ 3500

Thanks for this.

I disregarred the Hy website as I thought it would only be quoting newer models to mine....lesson learned :)

Max bhp comes in pretty high up the rev range. Surprised at that but good to know. I guess wringing its neck is the order of the day  :lol:

• 2014, i30, 5 Door Hatch, 1.4 Active, Petrol, 6 Speed Manual, Silver

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Power @ 6k is good as it means that from 3.5k where the torque is, the engine will keep pulling. I would suggest that you should look at improving the breathing of the engine, both intake and exhaust. You will have to determine if you want to be be constrained by the warranty though.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Power @ 6k is good as it means that from 3.5k where the torque is, the engine will keep pulling. I would suggest that you should look at improving the breathing of the engine, both intake and exhaust. You will have to determine if you want to be be constrained by the warranty though.

Much like Craig has done on his 1.6 GDi (K and N filter and less restrictive muffler) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal