i30 Owners Club

Supervision cluster retrofit on GD

Offline j_a_h_2077

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Springfield, Australia
The diesel cluster (automatic) one I got from the wreckers is:

94043-A5050

Petrol ones are fairly easy to find, diesel ones are harder.
  • 2014 i30 'Trophy' (1.6 CRDI)

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
I have seen a supervision cluster for a petrol manual but it has km/h and no mph on the dial. Is it possible to swap the back piece? And will the cluster have an option to display the odometer in miles and range etc?

@aanastasiou4 Did you try this
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
There is no option in the menu to switch between Miles and KM but the dial readings can be replaced from what I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will possibly leave this upgrade then unless I can find a UK version which seems to be impossible to find at the moment

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will possibly leave this upgrade then unless I can find a UK version which seems to be impossible to find at the moment
Search on breakerlink. It's a UK based website and I'm pretty sure someone 'll have a speedo with MPH on it

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I will have a look and see what I can find.
I have seen this one on eBay for a 1.6 manual turbo petrol, but I’ve never seen this design before

:link: I30 Turbo Instrument cluster

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I will have a look and see what I can find.
I have seen this one on eBay for a 1.6 manual turbo petrol, but I’ve never seen this design before

:link: I30 Turbo Instrument cluster
This is for the i30 Turbo model though! I am not sure if it's plug and play. It has a black and white screen instead of the color display of the supervision cluster. The oil temp and fuel gauges are also analog not digital

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I know I am replying many months later - but thanks for the rundown of what you did with the EEPROM - electronics and embedded software is my tertiary background.

I would say it maybe possible, if you can find a dump of the eeprom dump for the manual diesel cluster. The EEPROM (which stores odometer value) appears to contain additional data for the cluster (like if it is diesel / petrol). When I converted mine to a supervision cluster, I was able to convert a petrol cluster motherboard to diesel by reflashing a dump of a diesel EEPROM from a non-supervision cluster successfully.

I tried to solder my original EEPROM from my cluster onto the new diesel hypervision cluster but I ended up lifting tracks from too much heat. Grabbed a petrol hypervision cluster from the wreckers, flashed the EEPROM using a dump from my original cluster onto it, and put the motherboard into the diesel one. Everything worked ok, including tacho (verified using my clone VCDS).

Note that for flashing the EEPROM (M93C66) you need a very fine tipped soldering iron, as the SMD package is extremely small (TSSOP-8 IIRC), and you need an EEPROM dumper / burner.

In hindsight it maybe better to pay someone to do it. I chose to do it was I was quoted a price of $299 in Brisbane, with the vehicle off the road for 7 business days + a signed letter from a JP /  documentation from dealer with actual vehicle mileage.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Hi All, Old post revival......

I have a 2012 GD Wagon. Will this cluster upgrade work? I had to replace the starter motor and that was a night mare to find. Still got wrong one and had to repair old one with new one....

So hence my question, they all look the same, but there are differences.
  • 2013 I30 Active Tourer. Diesel Auto

Offline Cass2013

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth,WA
Id also love to do this in my 2013 Manual Petrol i30. If I was to get an upgraded cluster from say an 2013 Elite Manual petrol. Would it be plug and play or would there need to be any rewiring involved? I really want to to this. Looks so much nicer.
  • 2013 Active GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal