i30 Owners Club

BOV 1.6 CRDI

sammac · 10 · 4488

Offline sammac

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      staffordshire
Hi All

I was wondering if it was possible to have a BOV fitted to my 2016 1.6 CRDI (i really just want the noise :lol:)
  • 2016 - I30 - CRDI - Pepper Grey

guest9517
You are probably aware that youll void warranty for that sound.

Yes its possible, theres often kits on ebay to dump diesel-air when off-throttle. I wouldnt do it myself, but instead find an open airfilter if your looking for intake-noises  :mrgreen:

Heres a link to loads on ebay...No clue about whats best, only know it will take drilling in airtubing & hey presto, warranty is in to the history-book...Your choice  :goodjob:

Ebay dump valves

Offline jajceko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
i recommend doing CAI for your CRDi. it will give you a bit of power but the sound of it....wonderfull. you will hear your turbine a lot more and you won't need the BOV noise.
but i think it also voids warranty. i have it on my i30 gd 136hp (166hp now)
  • Hyundai I30 2016 1.6 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
i recommend doing CAI for your CRDi. it will give you a bit of power but the sound of it....wonderfull. you will hear your turbine a lot more and you won't need the BOV noise.

I had to google that! CAI = Cold air intake (for others like me that don't mod much)

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=CAI+for+your+CRDi&oq=CAI+for+your+CRDi&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jajceko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
I had to google that! CAI = Cold air intake (for others like me that don't mod much)

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=CAI+for+your+CRDi&oq=CAI+for+your+CRDi&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

modding is like drugs :)
you cant get enough of...and while you are doing something you are thinking of what else i can do on my car...

and then the problems start! :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Do you have dyno results that show the power increase? what else was done to the car? a CAI isn't going to give 30hp increase on its own...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=CAI+for+your+CRDi&oq=CAI+for+your+CRDi&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

modding is like drugs :)
you cant get enough of...and while you are doing something you are thinking of what else i can do on my car...

and then the problems start! :)

I've seen the effects on a couple of my mates.. One member and one non-member...  :crazy1: :snigger:

Offline jajceko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
Do you have dyno results that show the power increase? what else was done to the car? a CAI isn't going to give 30hp increase on its own...

i also added a custom chip, made by a local service shop. don't have dyno results, had some gtech results, comparation between old and new, and the difference was 30hp.
i think CAI on chip added 7hp. but i presume it was because of extra fuel from chip. i doubt it would add 7hp on stock ecu alone.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi All

I was wondering if it was possible to have a BOV fitted to my 2016 1.6 CRDI (i really just want the noise :lol:)

Yes do it!  :goodjob2: :happydance:

I have one and it makes me feel 50 years younger.

Found 2000 unknown friends on farcebook  :happydance:

Got pimples again   :Pout:

Love the sound  :goodjob2: its just like that new music.  :crazy1: :crazy2:

And the women... they are so ... [censored] :victory: :happydance:

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi All

Yes do it!  :goodjob2: :happydance:

I have one and it makes me feel 50 years younger.

Found 2000 unknown friends on farcebook  :happydance:

Got pimples again   :Pout:

Love the sound  :goodjob2: its just like that new music.  :crazy1: :crazy2:

:lol: :evil:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal