i30 Owners Club

Exhaust options for i30 PD

Offline JacobT89

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I’m wondering if there any exhaust options for a 2018 2.0L i30 PD Active or if I would have to look at getting one custom made.

There doesn’t to be many options out there. Not sure if I could just take an exhaust system for a similar car and put it on.

I’ve always hated the stock exhaust systems on cars and I prefer to upgrade it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:03:18 by JacobT89 »
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Red

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi,
 Flick through this section sure there's a couple in here , or, there is a search section ,or, wait   :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
All would depend on what you’re wanting to do with the engine, if you only want the sporty note and a very slight improvement in bottom end then a reasonable cheap Walker Turbo muffler might be all you need.

Depending on exhaust sensor positions you might even be able to remove a catalytic :undecided:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:51:22 by CraigB »

Offline JacobT89

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
All would depend on what you’re wanting to do with the engine, if you only want the sporty note and a very slight improvement in bottom end then a reasonable cheap Walker Turbo muffler might be all you need.

Depending on exhaust sensor positions you might even be able to remove a catalytic :undecided:

I am looking to increase the performance and get as much power out of the engine as possible. Plus, I just really hate stock exhaust systems so I was looking at changing over the whole thing to a new and better one.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Red

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No point in changing the complete system, without aftermarket headers you wouldn't develop the flow required to make up sizing the exhaust a worthwhile change.

A muffler change to a straight though sports type and possible catalytic delete will give you just as much without paying for a full cat back system, and your stock system is already stainless steel I believe :)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

I am looking to increase the performance and get as much power out of the engine as possible. Plus, I just really hate stock exhaust systems so I was looking at changing over the whole thing to a new and better one.
Turbo will help  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal