Author Topic: How to change headunit in i30 PD 5" to 8" OEM  (Read 4915 times)

• sk Slovakia
    Slovensko (SK)
Re: How to change headunit in i30 PD 5" to 8" OEM
« Reply #30 : February 05, 2021, 05:43:24 »
Did you mount the camera into your car? Do I understand you correctly?

Im not quite sure what are you asking here.  :eek:
  • i30 Fastback (MY 2018 - PDe), 1.4 T-GDI

• ro Romania
    vrancea
« Reply #31 : February 05, 2021, 15:13:05 »
Yes, I mounted the camera but I answered my colleague where to mount the wires from C CAN
  • hyundai i30 2019

• ro Romania
    vrancea
« Reply #32 : March 26, 2021, 11:51:26 »
Howdy
I mounted the wires in the plug according to the diagram above, I bought the usb cable and Android car doesn't work. Tell me where I went wrong ....
  • hyundai i30 2019

• ro Romania
    vrancea
« Reply #33 : March 28, 2021, 03:20:40 »
I solved it, it was the connection cable between the unit and the poor quality Aux / usb module. I replaced the cable and it works perfectly.
  • hyundai i30 2019

• se Sweden
    Sweden
« Reply #34 : June 07, 2021, 15:24:07 »
You can put out console by putting plastic screwdriver under the area in this picture and pull.
To remove the gear knob just push the button bellow knob and pull hard.

These instructions were super helpful! However, how the heck did you remove the USB socket from the plastic mount? I tried pushing and pulling in both directions while holding in the clips, and I was unable to actually remove it. This prevented me from replacing the USB socket with the new one :(
I ordered an adapter so I can get AUX working. This explains why so many functions are grayed out in the first picture

I assume Time/Date not working because I do not have the the GNSS cable as I thought that was for navigation and mine isn't a NAV model.
I'm assuming that something like this will work based on another reply I saw for this issue. I ordered one and should be here in 2-3 weeks with a bit of luck.
:link: 1pc FAKRA RNS E GPS Antenna for BMW Audi Mercedes NTG Comand APS Vauxhall Opel GPS Accessories|Aerials| - AliExpress,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

EDIT:
The new USB module came in a bracket of it's own and I was able to remove it from the bracket finally, which means it should be the same for the module stuck in the car.
Push in metal clips/tabs on both sides and push it out from the front. This is what I tried last night but it didn't work, however maybe I just need to brute force it more. I will try again later tonight.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:43:41 by Stromming » »
  • 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

• se Sweden
    Sweden
« Reply #35 : June 08, 2021, 13:14:42 »
I can't get the module out of the bracket.
I'm pushing down the metal tabs and pushing it out towards the front, however it seems to be stuck in 3rd place I've highlighted with a circle. I'm scared of brute forcing even more than i have.

• ro Romania
    Bucharest
« Reply #36 : June 08, 2021, 13:23:34 »
I had the same problem.
I inserted a small flat screwdriver in that place to get it over the third bracket. It was the hardest part of the entire process of changing the navigation.
Be gentle as to not the break the housing. It will take some tries but I am sure you will do it.

Unrelated to this:
I also have a Xiaomi phone, a Mi 9T (non-pro) and Android Auto wasn't working for me.
The problem was Dual Apps. If you're using that option you have to deactivate it: settings -> search dual apps -> cog top right -> something about disabling. You will then have to restart the phone and AA will work.

• i30 2017 1.4 T-GDi DCT7

• se Sweden
    Sweden
« Reply #37 : June 08, 2021, 13:31:26 »
I had the same problem.
I inserted a small flat screwdriver in that place to get it over the third bracket. It was the hardest part of the entire process of changing the navigation.
Be gentle as to not the break the housing. It will take some tries but I am sure you will do it.

Unrelated to this:
I also have a Xiaomi phone, a Mi 9T (non-pro) and Android Auto wasn't working for me.
The problem was Dual Apps. If you're using that option you have to deactivate it: settings -> search dual apps -> cog top right -> something about disabling. You will then have to restart the phone and AA will work.

There really is a third bracket at the top?😂 WHY HYUNDAI WHY

• ro Romania
    Bucharest
« Reply #38 : June 08, 2021, 13:33:48 »
I mean the bit that you pointed at.
I'm not eve sure if it's a bracket, but it was clearly stuck there so I supposed it was a one and pushed it with the screwdriver.

• se Sweden
    Sweden
« Reply #39 : June 08, 2021, 13:42:50 »
Pushing it with a screwdriver doesn't seem to do anything

Thanks for the AA tip by the way!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Okay i finally got it!

I inserted a small screwdriver at the top from the front rather than the back, and then i pushed it gently down while creating a gap for the small plastic ridge to get through.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:08:51 by Stromming » »

• ro Romania
    Bucharest
« Reply #40 : June 08, 2021, 15:15:41 »
Awesome, glad to hear you managed to do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal