i30 Owners Club

What does this part of the intake do?

Offline logicweapon

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore
      Singapore
Hello all,

I want to experiment with air intake pods and I want to know what does this part highlighted in red do? I have seen other i30 FDs with custom intakes and this particular piece of tube isn't connected to their custom tubes.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

• Hyundai i30 2009 FD

Offline Haro

• 2nd Gear
It's a crankcase breather return line I believe.
So any gas that comes out of your crankcase then gets 'recycled' and goes back into your intake manifold.
Some people like to set up Catch Cans for that kind of thing, but they really don't do anything except for look cool...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Offline logicweapon

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore
      Singapore
Thanks for the reply! I was wondering if I could fit a custom intake tube to fit my K&N filter that I ordered. I guess I’ll have to find one that’s able to accommodate that part in specific.

And yes, I’ve heard of the oil catch cans. Seems redundant unless your vehicle is on the track most of the time.  :wink:
  • Hyundai i30 2009 FD

Offline Haro

• 2nd Gear
Without knowing your engine bay.
I'd suggest just a k&n replacement filter and then have a look at finding a route for some cold air ducting to the air box.
Or if you just want some induction noise, buy a pod filter, slap where ever the standard air box is (once you remove it), if really keen buy some heat reflective foam stuff from Clarke rubber and make a token sheild from engine bay.
Will sound better

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for the reply! I was wondering if I could fit a custom intake tube to fit my K&N filter that I ordered. I guess I’ll have to find one that’s able to accommodate that part in specific.

And yes, I’ve heard of the oil catch cans. Seems redundant unless your vehicle is on the track most of the time.  :wink:
You can tap a threaded hose joiner into the induction pipe then connect the valve cover breathing hose to it.

Can get from Supercheap I believe...Threaded 3/8 hose joiner :link: Male Thread Pipe Fitting Hose Tail Barb Joiner Connector Repairer 3/8"x10mm New | eBay
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:20:46 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal