i30 Owners Club

2018 i30sr starting issue

Melor · 8 · 9466

Offline Melor

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Hi everyone.

Having some major issues with my 18sr model. I took it out for a drive tonight and then came home no issues. About 20 minutes later, I went to start it again and it's having huge issues and not starting nor giving me anything.

I got it serviced every 10k and no issues so far. Here is the video of it from before.

Any thoughts?
  • I30 SR

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Melor,
Hard to say, but a few tests you could try.
If you have a multi meter, you could, check battery power.
looks like you have a warning light flashing, so would be a good idea to check see what that is for.
good luck .

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :wss:

On a car that young I'd be tempted to give Hyundai a call - use that warranty.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Melor

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Thanks lakes and shambles

Got a mate coming around tomorrow with the multimeter and a spare battery just in case it's that. Hoping it is that as every other option is going to be either time off the road or expensive/warranty .

Fingers crossed.
  • I30 SR

Offline Melor

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Had the mate come over and the battery was ready 9.6 not powered on. I tried to start it and it kicked over but God it sounded bad. We then checked the battery and it was 7.8

Assuming with this super low volt running through its the battery. My question then is what is included in the servicing of a car? I took it to get serviced in April and there was no mention of the battery being extremely low. I'll call them tomorrow anyways to see what their response it.

Looking at warranty for battery it's 2 years or 40k KMs, so although under the KMs. It's over its age warranty.
  • I30 SR

Offline jezgadi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Exact same crazy flickering on and off dash happened to me yesterday, right when I was supposed to bring it in for the annual maintenance. I also have an I30 SR 2018 and had to get RACV over to jump my batts (friends unavailable and Hyundai Roadside expired).

Brought it into Hyundai to check, battery was perfectly fine. I do have a dash cam setup with external battery connected directly to the car though. It's not supposed to be an issue as the external batt shouldn't be drawing power from the car unless it's running but they've tinkered with it and all's good so far. If you have a similar set up might be worth a look into.
  • i30 SR

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You measured lower voltage running than not? That says your alternator is not charging.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Diondede
seems like there are a lot people (myself included) having light flickering/idle issues with their Sr's... id take it to hyundai asap (or call customer care because it seems they care more then the dealers...) because if got a feeling there needs to be a recall

Read my issues and others on this post :link: 2017 i30sr starting problem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal