i30 Owners Club

Auto light problem

Offline Travellingchick

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Hello and thanks for letting me join.
My Hyundai was recently serviced and it had the pollen filter replaced, and a new wiper. Since then I have noticed that although my auto lights are working st night, they are now not working when the road is covered by overhanging trees ( in the daytime) or when the sky goes very dark ( I.e before a storm ) I've contacted the garage , who have said they either work or they don't.  I have never had this problem before, and I'm convinced there is an issue. I love my auto lights, and I love the features that were previously apparent.
I also love my car .
Any advice would be appreciated.  And yes, my auto switch is turned on😀
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
@Travellingchick. Welcome.
Can you tell us a bit more about your i30 e.g. model year and engine at least. That will help people make suggestions applicable for your particular model.
I am wondering if the new wiper is not the correct size and leaving a dirty patch at the light sensor, assuming the light sensor is through the windscreen.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline Travellingchick

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Hi , it's an i30 1.6 engine , 2017 reg. I'm sorry I don't know the exact model but I can try and find out the midel
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
If 2017 Reg, and your i30 front looks like the red one in the middle of the 3 behind "I30 OWNERS CLUB" at top of the page, then it is a PD.

Auto Lights are controlled by a sensor in the centre of the dashboard, just behind the windscreen. If that is covered, obsructed or interfered with then its function may be impaired. That could be caused by dirt on the windscreen in front of the sensor maybe.

See attached (PDF) page from i30 PDe Manual with warnings and disclaimers re AUTO lights.

Aso, if your car is 2017 then it should be fixed under the Hyundai 5yr warranty.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 14:27:42 by Greyhound »
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal