i30 Owners Club

LED H7 Headlight globe for i30CW 2011

davmax · 8 · 1746

Offline davmax

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth Western Australia
I have been running on good low beam H7 LED headlight globes for some time now. There are traps, many Chinese origin globes are advertised with blatantly overblown performance claims. Absolute nonsense and fraudulent.
 The product that I have found successful is the Nighteye A334 H7 found here:  :link: NIGHTEYE A334 3000LM LED Fog Lights H7  same model can also be found on eBay.
The fraudulent version    :link: 2 Pairs H1+H7 200W 12000LM Car LED Headlight Kit Globe Beam Bulbs 6000K | eBay

There should be no risk installing the Nighteye version, it produces slightly more Lumens than the original 55W Halogen with the same beam. The LED consumes 7.2 watts and lasts.
Note the fraud globe has been tested to consume 6 watts (100 watt claimed) and in vehicle to have 300% less lumens (brilliance).

Additional tip: All LED lamps work best by keeping temperature down. Since a LED globe/lamp is a long life install it will help keep temperate down if heat conductive paste is applied to the underside of the H7 mounting flange. To increase the effective heat transfer to the aluminium lamp body. Example: :link: High-Performance Silver Thermal Grease CPU Heatsink Compound Paste Syringe 30g | eBay
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:06:45 by davmax »
  • 2011 FD i30 wagon, Auto, White, 1.6L CRDI diesel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks for the evaluation. LEDs are a warm to hot topic and this will be a great help to many. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :wss:, plus Happy Birthday to you  :bd4:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What CanBus adaptors and locking rings are being used with the Nighteye bulbs? or don't FD models require those :undecided:

Offline davmax

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth Western Australia
No Canbus requirement for this model. Simply change globe to LED.

Offline davmax

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth Western Australia
For Canbus H7 LED this more costly version with high brilliance: :link: 2x Philips LED Headlight Kit H7 6000LM High/Low Beam Replace Xenon Halogen Globe 9356307000245 | eBay

The height of the pins can be a problem for some recent Hyundai models.  Check for clearance under sealing cap before buying. Requires about 30mm from base flange.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
@CraigB FDs don't have any CANBUS concerns. All the LEDs I fitted work as straight replacements. Any higher current types such as the combo DRL blinkers came with load resistors to overcome racing but I cut them off, saved a heap of current and heat, and just swapped the flasher relay for an electronic type that doesn't rely on a certain amount of current to determine its blink rate.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal