i30 Owners Club

1.6 CRDI 90 PS Chip to 140 PS?

Offline flaky-ho

• 1st Gear
I already read the other topics about chiptuning a 90 PS to 115 PS. This is surely not a problem.

Once i read the 90 PS and the 115 PS are mechanical fully same and only have an other ECU. And then i read that the 115ps has an other turbo.

Knows anyone definitely if there is an other difference between the 90 and the 115 PS?

Because i want to Chip mine with ECU Chiptuning. When the Mechanical is 100% the same i would chip it to 140 ps like everyone chips the 115ps. But when there are differences i only can get to 120 PS. My Friend can chip the car Look at http://www.turboperformance.de/chiptuning/pkw/hyundai/i30/1514
but he have to know if there´s a difference

And please no comments, than "why didn´t you already buy the 115 ps" Because it was not available at the moment.

So could please anyone help me

Offline flaky-ho

• 1st Gear
Yesterday i chipped my 1.6 CRDi with 90 PS. The full power is available after 700 km Driving (because the i30 has already the Bosch ED17 ECM which need about 700 km to educate the new power)
With the K&N Filter and the Chiptuning it has about 140 PS and 320NM. After the 700 KMs i go on a MAHA power absorbtion roller then i know the facts.
Yesterday i stopped the time from 0-100 and i already needed 9,9 without the full power. I make a video today and upload it on youtube.

For evereybody who whants the know if the 90 and the 115 PS are the Same. Here the facts i searched in the MIcrocat Parts Cataloque and researched in the internet:
-The Turbocharger is 100 % the same (is construed to 150 HP)
-The Whole engine with the accesories is the same
-The clutch and the gear box are 100 % the same

The only difference is the diesel particulate filter (I think only the parts number) and the ECM

But when you get Chiptuning by somebody who knows his stuff, there should be now problem with the diesel particulate filter. And never buy a Tuning BOX because this is just shit. With OBD Chiptuning you get a program which is balanced for your own engine. Because every engine is different because of fabrication tolerances

After the 700 km the Ciptuner will also remove the speed limiter at 190 km/H. So it should go about 210 to 220 KM/h aloud gauge.

And sorry for my english but i just want to help everyone who thinks about chipping a 90 PS CRDI  :D

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Really? Cool.

My i30 also had 90hp (stock) and then I tuned it (OBD-ECU remap) to approx 115hp and torque to around 270-280 Nm. Huge difference. Back then the power increase seemed quite enough, so I didn't even ask my tuner if there's a possibility to have it chip-tuned to around 140hp.

I've read a lot about it and it was usually 50:50. Some say it's the same, others, that it's not, and so on.. I still believe it is.

Where have you found those info? And info about the turbine? Do you have the new U2 engine or the "old one"? If that's true, than I'm much calmer and the car is not under as much stress as I thought it is.

Offline flaky-ho

• 1st Gear
I looked in the engine of a 90 PS and a 116 PS and compared the part numbers on the turbos and they are 100% the same. I have the U2 engine. And on the Garret homepage they also write that it´s the same one: http://www.honeywell.com/sites/portal?smap=turbo&page=Product-Name&theme=T18&catID=CC06B6F2F-3761-E658-1532-C2E530CB1CA4&id=HC0C20A90-8BF3-4514-B83B-8AF30E63E6CE&c=n&sel=5

And all the other parts I compared in the Microcat Parts Cataloque. And they are all the same.

So you don´t worry to chip to 115 PS  :)

Offline Argus

• 3rd Gear

• pl Poland
      Bydgoszcz

• Bydgoszcz Poland
Now czech made CRDI 90, since half of 2009, have install different turbocharger.
I have Crdi 90 HP,  my 2009 -czech made. In my car, turbocharger is wastegate type, only in 115 HP turbocharger is equipped with VGT.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Shambles suggested to move my answer to a new topic, so the answer is over here

Thanks  :wink:

Xamaxy
Amazing job dude!
Many hesitate to go your way because "people talk" about more then ECU difference between 90 and 115 hp.
Your evidence show obviously different and now you enjoy one damn fast car!!

What did you put in from K&N? CAI or just filter?
Did you test drive it all gears till red rpm's with diagnostic laptop connected to see if every pressure etc shows "green"?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal