i30 Owners Club

How low should it go?

Offline ChrisM999

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Somerset
Hi All,

OK today has been my first days full use of my 2013 GD Manual 1.6 CRDI, and I have to say I'm struggling with the clutch?

The bite point is right down the bottom of the travel and I appear to only have to release the pedal a few mm for it to engage, which is causing me a few jittery starts.  I have just spoken to the seller and they tell me it has always been like this and all Hyundai's are.

Looking at the last invoice they gave me with the car it had a Clutch Kit fitted (What ever that might be)?

Any thoughts anyone????

• 2013 GD, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, 1.6 CRDI, Manual, White

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I recall some ten years ago there were many comments about the clutch bite point and much moaning thereto related.

I don't know much, but my idea of a clutch kit would be; disk, pressure plate and release bearing. I stand to be corrected as it is a very long time since I did a clutch replacement.

Good luck

Offline mrexcitement

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I don't have a manual version , mines a auto , but all the company cars I had prior to that were manual and that's how the clutch was on all of them , bite point close to the floor , I thought that's the correct way to have the clutch setup.

I find it easier to operate this way as opposed to the clutch engaging further out.

The clutch kit should be a complete new clutch which is normally done when the clutch has worn out.
  • 2010 FD WAGON ,DIESEL 1.6, AUTO, SKY BLUE

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal