i30 Owners Club

Throttle position sensor

Offline wakeman900

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Hi all,
First time posting and know absolutely nothing about cars. I own a Hyundai i30 2011, auto diesel and I have an intermittent error (P2111)
Is anyone able to advise where the throttle position sensor is located or even have a diagram of where it is located?
Thanks
  • Hyundai i30

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Wakeman.

I found this in a search that might help:

:link: AutoHex Online Help: Hyundai i30(GDe) 2013 Fault Code: p2138
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
If your car is 2011 then it's the FD variant. The accelerator pedal may operate a cable which goes into the engine bay to the throttle body, so the throttle position sensor may be mounted there. Alternatively, the accelerator may be fly-by-wire, so there's no physical connection. Instead, the pedal operates a position sensor which is connected electrically to the engine control unit and it then moves the throttle to mimic the position of the pedal. If you can bend down and take a look at the accelerator pedal you should be able to tell what type it is. You could also look in the engine bay to see if there's a cable coming through the bulkhead behind the pedal. If somebody can work the accelerator pedal up and down (with the engine off) you should be able to spot the other end moving.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal