i30 Owners Club

Lights from UK to Europe

Offline ellio123

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Swiss
Hi all!

I have a 2017 I30 diesel and I am trying to get a MFK in Switzerland (equivalent of MOT). Its a UK registered car and it passed through except for the lights pointing the wrong way.

I have read previous posts on here from 6 years ago about replacing the whole light system but just wanted to know if this was still the case or there is an easy solution rather than extensive mechanical costly changes!

I don't think I will get away with chucking some black tape on it as it needs to pass the local spec

Any help is most appreciated

Thanks!!
  • I30!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
When we were living in the UK for my Masters degree, we would often buy trips from cheaperchannelcrossings.co.uk and with the tickets we'd receive stick-on lenses for our headlights to refract in the correct direction for Euro travel.

Is this an option?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I've used the beam deflectors in the past which work fine, the downside is that you can only use them once, unless somewhere has found a way of being able to being to apply new sticky tape. I don't know if that's an acceptable solution in Switzerland where cars are meant to be in tip-top condition. I'd suggest getting some second-hand LHD headlamps, but even used ones seem to be eye-wateringly expensive.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal