i30 Owners Club

Impressed with Economy!

MT-RED · 4 · 2095

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
So I only picked Hagrid (named by my son) up yesterday and hence today was my first work commute (64miles of A roads). It was a steady drive back this evening because of traffic but what a great result in terms of Economy!

Won't usually get this tho, when the roads accommodate a slightly heavier right foot  :D
  • 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob2: :goodjob: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My last i30 diesel annoyed me in just one respect. The instant economy display only goes to 50 mpg - it's something I have never understood.

My hybrid instant economy display goes up to 75 mpg which is more reflective of the car's actual performance.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
My last i30 diesel annoyed me in just one respect. The instant economy display only goes to 50 mpg - it's something I have never understood.

My hybrid instant economy display goes up to 75 mpg which is more reflective of the car's actual performance.

Haha, you are not wrong. I really don't understand why they set it to 50 or even present it like they do for that matter. Having 2 screens, one for AVG and one for instant, which gives an exact number up to 99.9 would have been fine.

Can't say it will bother me much but it does seem a bit silly  :)

• 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal