i30 Owners Club

Latest stereo firmware for 2013 i30 GD Elite

Offline noes_oh

• 2nd Gear
I have the following stereo version.  I found a post on i30ownersclub which has this exact version and the post is dated 2013 which leads me to think it's a very old or even original firmware version.

Software Version: 9.0.1.3
OS Version: 15E1203070
NNG_MAP Version: 8.5.11.216699
Factory Map Version:
BT Version 2.8.6
Firmware Version 6.0.1_M_GD_5D_3_0

Anyone have the firmware binaries I need?

2013 i30 GD, 5 door auto Diesel.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:34:09 by CraigB »
  • i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've never seen the navigation unit firmware offered outside of Hyundai, they're not a Cartronics unit which are generally easier to get updates for when Cartronics makes them available.

You can get updates done free of change when you put your vehicle into Hyundai for a service but in saying that I doubt you would receive any updated firmware for a 2013 unit outside of 2 years after purchase, for a fee you can likely still purchase map updates though :undecided:

Offline noes_oh

• 2nd Gear
That's no good.  I might call Hyundai to ask if they can flash the firmware via the $150/hr thing they do.  Either that, or I rip it all out and try to install the GD-03 unit.

So it's definitely not possible to manually obtain the firmware binaries and flash it yourself?
  • i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can update the firmware yourself if you can find where to obtain it, I've never seen firmware for NAV units offered anywhere.

All you need to confirm with Hyundai service desk if you ring them is what is the latest firmware for your unit they have on record to compare to your own.

A GD-03 unit wont fit your car either without also changing the aircon fascia (plug connections may not match either :undecided: ), Cartronic's units are a different shape than NAV systems.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal