i30 Owners Club

Removing Grill

Offline coralrover

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Grefrath
Hi everyone. I've searched the forums but without success. Has anyone posted pictures of how to remove the old grill and refit. I really don't know where to start.
Greetings from a Brit in Germany

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If I had of seen your post earlier I could of taken a few descriptive photos for you.

You don't mention which model you have but this process described below is for the GD model.

You'll need to removed the front bumper which involves removing the two screws (left and right) inside the wheel wells where the bumper meets the side panel.

Then remove the push screws for the bumper, 6 underneath and another 6 under the bonnet, now you can grab the bumper edge where the screws came out and pull it away till it continues to unclip from below the headlight - do same for other side and make sure to have an old blanket laid out beneath to catch the bumper when it comes away.

Once it has come free you'll have to unclip the fog lights before pulling the bumper out to work on.

Now for the grill, it's an absolute bugger to remove but if you're keen you'll have to remove all the surrounding screws then you'll need a whole lot of strength to push everyone of those push tabs over until the thing comes free.

I've taken the bumper off several times now and got it down to about 20 minutes to remove and another 20 to put back on but removing the grill itself is quite a mission so be forwarned.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I can see Craig travelling the world with his new grille replacement business.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal