i30 Owners Club

Seat Covers on i30 Premium, SR Premium and N Line Premium Models

97Xand · 4 · 1610

Offline 97Xand

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, New South Wales
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone here has used seat covers on the Premium models of the PD series and what type they have used.

I am asking on behalf of a customer but they want to know if they have any effect on the heating and cooling functions on the seats, or whether it is worthwhile at all.

Cheers.
  • 2020 PD.3 i30 N-Line 1.6 Turbo Petrol Manual

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
The question that begs to be asked is - what is going to be gained by using seat covers ?, what are they hoping for for ? :undecided:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The question that begs to be asked is - what is going to be gained by using seat covers ?, what are they hoping for for ? :undecided:

Extra cushioning /comfort and seat protection from wear are reasons we use them. I will try and remember to comment more in the morning it's 3am here.  :crazy1:

Edit: We had the non premium 2017 PD SR (no heating or cooling) We got custom made sheepskin covers, which do negate the need for heating and cooling to be used and do add some extra comfort/padding to the seats.

Our previous car to that was a 2014 Holden Calai V which had heated seats. There was a warning about possible overheating when used with seat covers so we no longer used that function when we added  Sheepskin seat covers to those seats.

Obviously cooling would also be compromised depending on the type of cover chosen, but at least the cooling funtion wouldn't cause any damage to  the cover or seat when covered.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Dazz, 3 am is the morning   :lol:  :lol:  🍻
Thought maybe  trying not to dirty the seats or thought a bit hot when out the sun , 
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal