i30 Owners Club

Hello from Sweden!

Offline jochen95

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Uppsala
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone, just picked up my first ever Hyundai last friday and found this great forum so i thought i should join in!  :D

This is my new daily driver, a 1.0lt 3cyl petrol with the comfort "launch edition" pack that was unique to the first batch of PD i30´s sold in Sweden. The colour is called "Intense copper" but lets face it: it´s shit brown when you look at it...  :rofl:

Comfort is the middle trimlevel in Sweden and includes among other things dual zone climate, rear parking sensors, 6 speaker sound system, cruise control/limiter, emergency autobraking, 16" alloy wheels etc.

The launch edition is kind of a wierd setup of kit wich includes full LED headlights, autofolding mirros, still the smaller 5" infotainment BUT with added touchscreen controls, colour display and a backup camera, later comfort equiped models only has the monochrome 5" display with physical buttons below the screen and no camera. (would have really liked to have the bigger 8" display instead, oh well...)

Anyways, thanks for letting me in and have a nice weekend everybody!  :victory:
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, Petrol 1.0lt 3cyl, manual, intense copper

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Hey, welcome and may you enjoy your new i30. I really like its color.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N960F folosind Tapatalk

• 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :wttc: jochen95, with your sense of humour you'll fit in fine :)

I didn't realise Hyundai made a 1.0ltr 3cyl, smallest I'd previously heard of for the i30 was the 1.4ltr, it would get good economy I suppose :undecided:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi jochen95 - splendid intro :goodjob:

:welcumwagon:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Jochen (does that mean Joking in Swedish)  :snigger:

Loved the "shit brown" comment! Nothing like a bit of self deprecation...  :victory:

I don't "hate" the colour. Wouldn't mind a few more pictures when you get settled in please.

Pretty good spec except for the head unit. I believe they can be switched pretty easily (easier than a unit mounted "in" the dash) so maybe going forward you can source a used 7 or 8 inch head unit from a wrecked vehicle either in Europe or even in Australia!  :victory: (we only get 8" screens over here in the i30 I think) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day jochen,

:i30:
Enjoy the car and the forum. That's not a 💩 colour,  well equipped too,  :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Welcome mate. 

Regarding to color - it is awesome :) .. just think of all the whale poop (Ambergris) that are being used for perfume, and all the beautiful female spray it on everday.

If female are going crazy over whale poop.  The color of the car is a minor detail in the scheme of things.  :rofl:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
Welcome. I'm fascinated by the small engines in European cars. I don't think you can get anything that small in Australia and I have no idea what they're like to drive.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Welcome. I'm fascinated by the small engines in European cars. I don't think you can get anything that small in Australia and I have no idea what they're like to drive.

I get the impression these little turbo 1 litre 3 cylinder engines perform similarly to a naturally aspirated 1.4 petrol engine. From reviews I've watched they sound pretty good too. Due to higher fuel costs the Europeans seem happy to forgo a bit of power for economy. Although I think they can get a bit thirsty if driven hard. I think Ford was one of the first to go with this type of engine in their Festiva or Fiesta? I think they even use them in the Focus over there.

Offline jochen95

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Uppsala
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!  :goodjob2:
I might be a wee bit drunk when typing this (it´s saturday and as we all know swedes stay stone sober during weekdays but get totally ****faced during weekends) so don´t take this or my crappy english spelling to seriously hehe.  :crazy1:

If i´m honest, the main reason i chose this particular i30 was because when i stood there at the dealer looking at it as my heavily pregnant wife went of around the corner womiting violently (probably in disguise of the colour of this thing, she refused to admit it blaming our unborn child, but i knew she lied...), i was like: how i have longed for a shit stain coloured hatchback, it most certainly would piss some of my collegues of in the parking lot at work. I will therefore name this the "iTurdy"....hehehe... And here we are now!  :cool:

Joking aside, i really enjoy the car, alot of car for the money and with descent equipment it´l do me fine for getting to and from work!  :goodjob2:

Only one thing:
Giving the full beans to the 1.0T with 120bhp is just enough to make your foreskin curl backwards because of the violent thrust said no one ever in Scandinavia, but with more and more environmental legislations being passed and more/bigger penalty taxes for bigger and more powerful engines, we have to scale down in engine sizes in order to not being forced to sell ourselves during lunch hours just to finance the roadtaxes.  :lol:

I would have sacrificed my left nut to get that nice 1.6 T-GDI that you lot get down under, but that clashes with our royal Swedish governments goal of cleansing the entire world of pollution even though we only stand for 0.8% of the global pollution ourselves (we currently hold the 100th place of 102 countrys in the world pollution index).  :disapp:
But hey; i´m not bitter!  :mrgreen:

Welcome Jochen (does that mean Joking in Swedish)  :snigger:

Loved the "shit brown" comment! Nothing like a bit of self deprecation...  :victory:

I don't "hate" the colour. Wouldn't mind a few more pictures when you get settled in please.

Pretty good spec except for the head unit. I believe they can be switched pretty easily (easier than a unit mounted "in" the dash) so maybe going forward you can source a used 7 or 8 inch head unit from a wrecked vehicle either in Europe or even in Australia!  :victory: (we only get 8" screens over here in the i30 I think) :cool:

I will definitely post more pics soon if you want to, i posted one more photo here that i had.  :)

Yeah, i have been looking into changing the headunit, but i have not been able to find any schematics of the pin layout to see if there is any difference between them. If anyone have any tips regarding if there is a way to swap them i will gladly take any advice!  :goodjob2:

The only reason for us not getting the 8" infotainment with the launch pack is probably because we instead got the full LED headlights.
Having descent lights is an important matter in the arctic circle because there is no sun for 6 months of the year and everyone gets clinically depressed and therefore dont see the wildlife that is everywhere on the roads licking the f****g salt that our government puts out in order for everyone not sliding of into the abyss, but instead getting 500 pounds of elk in our faces in blind corners in the woods.
That´s the only reason i could think of for Hyundai Sweden cheaping out on the displays.  :lol:
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, Petrol 1.0lt 3cyl, manual, intense copper

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that! Even "not sober" (I wasn't brave enough  to call you drunk) you make a lot of sense and some nice one liners too.

I was going to try your acceleration test in my 1.6T later, then remembered I am circumcised!  :Pout:

Thanks for the 2nd picture it's not the worst brown I've seen.

I think you will become one of our more entertaining members. Keep in touch and post EVEN more pictures when you are able.  :goodjob:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
 :welcome: Jochen95

Very funny posts. I used to work in Uk for a SAAB supplier in the good old days with numerous trips to Trollhättan, Sweden. Your sense of humour is exactly what we need  :goodjob2:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welly3:
I describe the colour of my first car, an HQ Kingswood stationwagon, as Baby Shit Brown, so you're in good company here. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal