i30 Owners Club

Won't start after sitting for a couple of weeks

Offline Transitman

• 1st Gear

• Hunter
I have a 2011 i30 Diesel that was starting and running fine until I left it sitting for a couple of weeks, car opens and locks fine, ignition turns on the car winds over but refuses to fire up,the car with the key inside flashes a couple of times and then goes out, anyone have any suggestions?
  • i30

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
I'd take your battery in to a car retail shop like Supercheapauto and get it charged to full, and then tested.

Alternatively if you or a friend has a charger, you could do it at home. But a lot of car retail shops do this service for free from my experience.
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Someone smarter than I might also suggest resetting the BCM by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. Your anti-theft logic might be screwed up, or perhaps your RFID link with the key.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Transitman

• 1st Gear

• Hunter
Sorry for not including a bit more info but I had the battery out all night charging it to full but still no change, I also took the surround off the steering column and had a look at the connections and they look nice and clean. I also dismantled the key and checked the battery and it was like new,the key opens and locks the car fine, I may just spray a bit of Aerostart in the inlet just to make sure fuel is not a problem,I don't think it would be.
  • i30

Offline Transitman

• 1st Gear

• Hunter
Just run my scan tool via Vin. Number this time and a couple of faults showed up one cleared but the other ABS/ I think VCN will not clear.
  • i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal