i30 Owners Club

1500 rpm issue with Cruise Control activated

Guest · 23 · 7351

guest5514
Big question.
Tried looking in the forums, but can't find any info regarding my problem.
I got the i30 1.6 ISG Diesel model 2013 Stile and if I activate CC and the RPM is around 1500 +- then I get an rolling condition for the engine. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in, but it's worst at 6Th gear.
I spoked with Hyundai about it, and they said they are not planing to do an fix for it, so they know about it.
And also for my mate, he has an KIA with 1.6 engine, believe it's the same engine, and for him it's worst under 1500.
So I think the problem lies with all 1.6 diesel engines.
Is it only me or are other people with same problem?

Hope you understand my English.

Br. Per

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The i30 diesel sweet spot is 1750 to 2000 rpm. If the engine is not smooth at 1500 rpm it is a sign that you need to use a lower gear.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Per

I thought that problem with no power below 1500 rpm was solved with the introduction of the U2 engine.. :question:

Do you have same problem when accelerating from below 1500 rpm without CC.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Hello Per

Auto or manual? By rolling condition do you mean the engine is rough at those speeds under load??
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The CC does not operate below 40 Kmh 24.8 Mph, so if rolling means no drive, this would be correct.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

guest5514
Hi Per

I thought that problem with no power below 1500 rpm was solved with the introduction of the U2 engine.. :question:

Do you have same problem when accelerating from below 1500 rpm without CC.. :question:
The issue is only when the CC is activated.

guest5514
Hello Per

Auto or manual? By rolling condition do you mean the engine is rough at those speeds under load??
Sry. Yes it's manual.
Can't find the right word, but by rolling, that I mean the engine is not smooth when driving. It's like it accelerate and decelerate very little and it only appears around 1500 rpm with CC activated. And also when you resume and the rpm is near 1500, it's doing this strange accelerate/decelerate.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Mine does that at 100km/h.  It "pulses", that is, accelerates and decelerates about 1km/h every second.  I get around this by setting either 101km/h or 99km/h.  Try setting it at a different rpm, it may help.  BTW, I think that 1500 rpm might be a little low and labour the engine a bit.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Jamie, I'd expect you to say something like it's due to the silly notion of providing torque on a horizontal axis. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jamie, I'd expect you to say something like it's due to the silly notion of providing torque on a horizontal axis. :lol:

Jamie and I could both torque under water!  :goodjob: :lol:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Jamie and I could both torque under water!  :goodjob: :lol:
Now there's an interesting twist! :goodjob: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
By CC I take it that this is climate control? 
If so there were posts a while back suggesting that the electronic EGR valve is bypassed when aircon is in use.  Dont ask me why or if this is true!  I take it the egr valve recirculates a bit of the exhaust gas, I hear of some techs who disable or blank egr valves on other cars.
There are also mentions on forums of these engines running iregularly at 1500rpm a few minutes after start up.  In this case mine does this every 6 or so months - & is resolved with a little diesel fuel system /injector cleaner added to the fuel.
Maybe some injector cleaner added to the fuel as a one off is worth a try?
Ed

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose

guest5514
By CC I take it that this is climate control? 
If so there were posts a while back suggesting that the electronic EGR valve is bypassed when aircon is in use.  Dont ask me why or if this is true!  I take it the egr valve recirculates a bit of the exhaust gas, I hear of some techs who disable or blank egr valves on other cars.
There are also mentions on forums of these engines running iregularly at 1500rpm a few minutes after start up.  In this case mine does this every 6 or so months - & is resolved with a little diesel fuel system /injector cleaner added to the fuel.
Maybe some injector cleaner added to the fuel as a one off is worth a try?
Ed
By CC I refere to Cruise Control.

guest5514
Sorry for not replying, but somehow I think the question wasn't serious enough, since some people wrote things that did not refers to my my question.
But I got my question somewhere else, and that is that Hyundai do know about it, but at the moment, they will not make a new update for the EDC.

PS. I wrote the issue as rolling, but I found a better word. It's more like waves when CC is activated at 1500 rpm more or less  :victory:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Sorry for not replying, but somehow I think the question wasn't serious enough, since some people wrote things that did not refers to my my question.
But I got my question somewhere else, and that is that Hyundai do know about it, but at the moment, they will not make a new update for the EDC.

PS. I wrote the issue as rolling, but I found a better word. It's more like waves when CC is activated at 1500 rpm more or less  :victory:

Hi Felix

Don't think we don't take your question serious, but in this forum we are very good at getting off topic...  :P

Glad to her Hyundai knows the issue, but not happy to hear they won't rectify it hen it's known... :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
It's more like waves when CC is activated at 1500 rpm more or less  :victory:

I get this sensation

However, if i increase road speed or go down a gear it rides smoothly.

Eg 50 mph in 6th but increase speed to say 60 or 65 mph or drop to 5th it becomes smooth....
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Well, after all my C/C problems my i30 is just perfect  :D

Holds far better, at any speed/rpm/gear than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well, after all my C/C problems my i30 is just perfect  :D

Holds far better, at any speed/rpm/gear than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

:brilliant: :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

PS. I wrote the issue as rolling, but I found a better word. It's more like waves surges when CC is activated at 1500 rpm more or less  :victory:

How's that.  :exclaim:

Offline Jancko995

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Koper

• West Part
Hello

I would like to say that my mom too has i30-facelifter 90hp (2011?) with 6 gears .  I myself had Renault Megane 2 disel (106hp) and I could tel you that driving in the city was much more fun and probably eficient in megane 2, because I could just keep it in 3rd gear... and go to like 20km/h  ... wich in i30 is IMPOSIBLE.. I rly dislike that..

So what are you saying this is just the i30 engine, or are there some computer interviening into it?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:43:21 by Jancko995 »
  • I30 - 2011 (facelifted)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Hello

I would like to say that my mom too has i30-facelifter 90hp (2011?) witch 6 gears .  I myself had megane 2 (106hp) and I could tel you that driving in the city was much more fun and probably eficient in megane 2, because I could just keep it in 3rd gear... and go to like 20km/h  ... wich in i30 is IMPOSIBLE.. I rly dislike that..

So what are you saying this is just the i30 engine, or are there some computer interviening into it?

Is the Megane a Diesel engine car, if not, then it is unwise to make this type of comparison, it would be like comparing chalk with cheese.

Offline Jancko995

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Koper

• West Part
yes, I had a Disel , 1.5
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:42:34 by Jancko995 »
  • I30 - 2011 (facelifted)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal