Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Oh yuck! I would be sleeping with ear plugs in if I was him from now on!  :sicky:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Lucky for him it was only a tiny cockroach. :D
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
A friend of mine had a small moth in her ear one night recently and went to a local hospital to get it removed and while she was there a bloke came in with a moth in his ear.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Lots of creepy crawly things in OZ Alan, only a few of them deadly. :eek:  I just went out to wash the i30, a couple of red back spiders had taken residence in the grill. :faint: Hit 'em with a squirt of ye old Mortein. :evil:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I can certainly relate to this story,one year during harvest i was delivering grain to the bins,we had a wood bug plague that year,one if these F*&#^ers flew in the drivers window straight into my ear,being early in the day,I just put up with the buzzing in my head and yes it was freakin painful every time this thing decided to buzz,but by mid arvo,I just said to the then boss I just couldn't take it any more,yes I tried flushing it out and like this bloke it just kicked up a stink and burrowed further in my ear.

Long story short,went to the hospital,doctor said same thing,had to kill it and then flush it,he said this would hurt and hurt a lot(I thought how much could this possibly hurt,it's only a small bug)Doc just said waita minute I have to round up a few nurses and orderlies,as he said I could not move while he killed it,with Medicinal Alcohol as this would take just a few seconds,so laid on my side right ear upwards,next thing I had six nurses and orderlies laying on top of me,well he poured the alcohol in my ear,I have never felt pain like it,I've broken just about every bone in my body over the years and none from what memory serves me was as bad as this pain,now I know why he had all those people on me,if it wasn't for them the doctor would have been an orniment on the end of my fist,thankfully the pain started to subside once the bug was removed and they filled my ear up with some sort of very cold gel.

Dazz and yes I have had a few bugs in the head(not only mental ones)and yes I do sleep with ear plaugs now and have done for some years
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
.. and yes I do sleep with ear plugs now and have done for some years.
Does Sue snore that much? :Shocked:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
.. and yes I do sleep with ear plugs now and have done for some years.
Does Sue snore that much? :Shocked:
She used too,but now it is the continual hissing of the CPAP machine  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I can certainly relate to this story,one year during harvest i was delivering grain to the bins,we had a wood bug plague that year,one if these F*&#^ers flew in the drivers window straight into my ear,being early in the day,I just put up with the buzzing in my head and yes it was freakin painful every time this thing decided to buzz,but by mid arvo,I just said to the then boss I just couldn't take it any more,yes I tried flushing it out and like this bloke it just kicked up a stink and burrowed further in my ear.

Long story short,went to the hospital,doctor said same thing,had to kill it and then flush it,he said this would hurt and hurt a lot(I thought how much could this possibly hurt,it's only a small bug)Doc just said waita minute I have to round up a few nurses and orderlies,as he said I could not move while he killed it,with Medicinal Alcohol as this would take just a few seconds,so laid on my side right ear upwards,next thing I had six nurses and orderlies laying on top of me,well he poured the alcohol in my ear,I have never felt pain like it,I've broken just about every bone in my body over the years and none from what memory serves me was as bad as this pain,now I know why he had all those people on me,if it wasn't for them the doctor would have been an orniment on the end of my fist,thankfully the pain started to subside once the bug was removed and they filled my ear up with some sort of very cold gel.

Dazz and yes I have had a few bugs in the head(not only mental ones)and yes I do sleep with ear plaugs now and have done for some years

Haven't you chaps heard of Midazolam yet. No need to suffer like that. It is used for correcting dislocations etc, short acting and you don't remember much afterwards. :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I might get some for the grandkids next Christmas  :snigger: (only joking Trish) :yoohoo:

Midazolam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal