i30 Owners Club

I30 Issues PLease advise

Offline dwalton

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Sheffield
Hi there,

I have had my I30 from new for around 9months now. It is yet to do 6k and I seems to be having some problems which the dealers cant fix!!!!.

1. There seems to be a flat spot on the engine when cruising at low speed. It seems to happen for a few seconfs then seeems fine.

2. Rear seatbelt audible warning. This sounds when I have too passengers sat in the back with their belts on. The dash display is telling me the person in the rear middle does not have their belt on. There is noone sat in this seat.

3. The ESP off light comes on randomaly even though I have not turned it off. Pushing the button seems to do nothing. Turning of theengine and removing the key is the only fix.

Has anyone experiences simular to these, if so did you get a fix??
I have had it into 2 different dealers now and both say their computers find no fault when they plug it in.

Regards
Dale

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Dale,

Welcome to the club...Sorry to hear about your issues. As you will see from our posting, significant Problems & Issues are fairly uncommon.

Unlike other postings elsewhere in relation to your problems I don't see the minimal turbo lag on my CRDi to be a flat spot so in your case maybe it's dirty injectors or a fuel filter problem.

Are you in Australia or Overseas? I didn't think the Australian model had seatbelt warning for the back seats (I certainly haven't had any issues with this feature...)

I don't have ESP either so cant help with that one...

Where I can help is with the wording of a letter to Hyundai Australia (Head Office) if you would like.. Hyundai support is usually pretty good. If two dealers have given you the run around you need help from a higher authority.. P.M. me if I can help in any way...

Hopefully others will have some constructive suggestions

P.S. I am going away for a few days so will be offline until at least Wednesday night...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I am going away for a few days so will be offline until at least Wednesday night...[/quote]

You cant go away Dazz, this site will dry up with out your input. :lol:

It will certainly become a bit quieter anyway.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Unfortunately my Stepdaughter has borrowed my laptop or I'd take that with me...  8-)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal