i30 Owners Club

i30 PD active LED headlights

nogun · 275 · 56005

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
The adaptors are flopping around on the bulb itself, not even tried to put them into the housing. Got these adaptors - :link: Pair of H7 Car LED Headlight Bulb LED Adapter Holder LED Adapter Socket Base AZ | eBay

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The adaptors are flopping around on the bulb itself, not even tried to put them into the housing. Got these adaptors - :link: Pair of H7 Car LED Headlight Bulb LED Adapter Holder LED Adapter Socket Base AZ | eBay
Well they will be loose until they secure into the housing, the problem with the ones you've linked there are that they have no rear upright tabs so you have something to grab onto to twist into place.

These are the type I have, you can clearly see the rear tabs you'll need to be able to lock them in :link: H7 LED Bulb Holder Adapter Base For KIA Sorento Hyundai Veloster Sonata Tucson 9 | eBay

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Well they will be loose until they secure into the housing, the problem with the ones you've linked there are that they have no rear upright tabs so you have something to grab onto to twist into place.

These are the type I have, you can clearly see the rear tabs you'll need to be able to lock them in :link: H7 LED Bulb Holder Adapter Base For KIA Sorento Hyundai Veloster Sonata Tucson 9 | eBay

Ah ok, I see the missing tabs. I'll give them a go even though they're loose.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My JW's for the high beams arrived today, only a quick test up the street at the moment so I'll road test them properly next time I'm doing a night run.

They do seem to throw a good distance, the trees at the end of the street are a good 130 meters away.

Low beam

High beam

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good Craig.. The factory LED's in my new car are a highlight. Excuse the pun..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Perfect,  should be able to the reflection of the eyes of all the roadside critters .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
Finally got my replacement h7’s today now I can give them a good few days testing.
  • 2019 i30 go, manual, white

Offline quankino

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Narva is rolling out new gen 2 kits. Saw it on SCA sales :link: Narva | Gen II Performance L.E.D Globes and L.E.D Signalling Globes

Good find! Thanks for sharing.  :goodjob:

Offline Georgevagelas

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Kavala
Hello! I have read all the posts of this thread and I would like to know if anyone changed alogen bulds to led and is still satisfied without any problems.. Can you please suggest a good set of led bulbs that fit well without any car modifications at pd model? Thank you..
  • i30 fastback DCT

Offline Ohthatsnasty

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
I have fitted led headlights to my PD SR, i have designed (Extended) and 3D printed my own replacement dust covers if you are still looking?
  • 2018, PD, 5 Door Hatch, G4FJ 1.6T, Auto, Blue

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
I put led on my high beams a few weeks ago, needed to modify the light housing a little, remove some plastic so the bulb would give the correct light pattern. Very happy with the change, nice, bright and uniform light colour. And it lights up the roadsides a lot better, reach is about the same but much better illumination.

I used Ledson LED 11G Extreme Focus bulbs.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Georgevagelas

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Kavala
I put led on my high beams a few weeks ago, needed to modify the light housing a little, remove some plastic so the bulb would give the correct light pattern. Very happy with the change, nice, bright and uniform light colour. And it lights up the roadsides a lot better, reach is about the same but much better illumination.

I used Ledson LED 11G Extreme Focus bulbs.

What is your car model mate?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 14:22:30 by Georgevagelas »
  • i30 fastback DCT

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Georgevagelas

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Kavala
What is your car madel mate?
I’d expect what’s written in his signature  :)

That's why I asked again because Im looking for information for PD model (this thread is for PDs too)..  Maybe he has two Hyundai models..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 14:31:41 by Georgevagelas »
  • i30 fastback DCT

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What is your car madel mate?
I’d expect what’s written in his signature  :)

That's why I asked again because Im looking for information for PD model (this thread is for PDs too)..  Maybe he has two Hyundai models..

The Ioniq is sort of a PD i30 with EV or Hybrid drive train, so a lot of shared components. I wonder if one of our Ioniq owners, maybe @xiziz or @Shambles could investigate /compare to see if the headlights are shared.  :cool:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My lamps are single bulb BiXenon with mechanical shutters - the housing is not shareable with the PD series at all.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
@Georgevagelas I don't think the light housing or reflector is the same (pd has lens projector high beams I think?) but for the sake of brands that provide a good and legal light pattern it can be helpful to know that the Ledson LED bulbs are the real thing. :)

Housing in Ioniq EV is LED low beams in projector lenses and HB3 9005 Halogens in standard high beam reflectors. (there is a full halogen setup on the base model though).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers guys.. there's my theory out the window..  :spitty: :Pout:

Offline Georgevagelas

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Kavala
I found @xiziz led bulbs :link: LEDSON LED headlight bulbs 11G Xtreme Focus (H7) and they look interesting. Lumiled ZES LED with build-in Canbus, 4500 Lumens, 3 years warranty etc for 110 euros. They offer some bulb holders too. :link: Lamphållare H7 för LED Kia & Hyundai (V1) - Lamphållare för LED - LED - Hel- och halvljus - Diod & Xenon till Bil and :link: Lamphållare H7 för LED Kia & Hyundai (V2) - Lamphållare för LED - LED - Hel- och halvljus - Diod & Xenon till Bil. Which one you think fits at i30 PD (low beams) because none of them refers to i30? Also, bulbs' length is 82mm. Will they fit inside headlights or should I buy new dust covers?
  • i30 fastback DCT

Offline ntebis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
I found @xiziz led bulbs  LEDSON LED headlight bulbs 11G Xtreme Focus (H7) and they look interesting. Lumiled ZES LED with build-in Canbus, 4500 Lumens, 3 years warranty etc for 110 euros. They offer some bulb holders too.  Lamphållare H7 för LED Kia & Hyundai (V1) - Lamphållare för LED - LED - Hel- och halvljus - Diod & Xenon till Bil and  Lamphållare H7 för LED Kia & Hyundai (V2) - Lamphållare för LED - LED - Hel- och halvljus - Diod & Xenon till Bil. Which one you think fits at i30 PD (low beams) because none of them refers to i30? Also, bulbs' length is 82mm. Will they fit inside headlights or should I buy new dust covers?

Δεν έχει ιδιαίτερη σημασία αν δεν λέει για το i30 pd. Σημασια έχει το βύσμα και το i30 εχει Η7, οπότε τα περισσοτερο θα χωράνε. Σίγουρα θα μπορεις να βρεις κατι στο σκρουτζ .

---

Doesn't matter that they dont list i30, the PD uses the H7 so almost all of them should fit.
  • 2018 PD Active 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Plat. Silver

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
@Georgevagelas I bought the extended dust covers just to be safe, they are rubber ones that fit outside the grooves. Same store I bought from. :)

Might be some 3D printable ones too if you know someone with a printer.

H7 are centered so only depth should be a possible issue, if you take out one of the current bulbs and measure the distance from the holder to the cap, how far is it? Mine had good clearance on all sides except top because the socket is off center with H3.

Also, don't forget to align the bulbs vertically, makes a huge difference to the light pattern.

Offline Georgevagelas

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Kavala
Hello! I just fit led bulds with external canbus at low beams! I am very satisfied with the result but I have a question. After start/stop the leds are flashing for half second and then back to normal! Is this normal for our car?
  • i30 fastback DCT

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
I'd guess it's a voltage drop when the engine reignites(as is normal when the load on the 12v rail increases), the Halogens are slow to respond so the slight dimming might not be noticed. LEDs are immidiate so they will turn off if they get to little voltage, if the voltage fluxuates around the minimum voltage of the bulbs they would flash.

Offline Lee17

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi Guys,

I've been searching on google how to swap out the normal lights for a pair of LEDs on my i30 SR PD. But I had troubles trying to fit the LED bulbs into the housing. Has anyone got around to the issue?
  • i30 SR

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
You need an adapter to put the bulb in the housing you can get them from online from stedi or iilumo.
  • 2019 i30 go, manual, white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Welcome Lee,

A couple of threads you might find interesting. That discuss this issue or include links that do...

:link: LED Number Plate and Interior Lights

:link: PD high beam(HB3's) upgrade query

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Tommy369

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia
Will they likely run too hot and run the risk of melting the housing? I suspect they pulled that 6000 lumen figure out of thin air however. I plugged them in and they didn't throw up a CANBUS error which is a good sign.
  • PD i30 SR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal