i30 Owners Club

i30 Active price advice (Australia)

MarieCV · 10 · 2182

Offline MarieCV

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
[Australia] Hey guys, I'd really love some advice on how much I should be able to bargain down an i30 Active with SmartSense, and without SmartSense. So far the best I've been able to get is $24,000 with 7 years warranty in white, or $24,250 in black – both without SmartSense. Does this sound good or should I keep asking around for better? I was thinking I could try for $25k with SmartSense – or is this a crazy ask? All new, 2019 MY20, automatic, 2.0L, petrol. Melbourne/Vic dealers. Thanks heaps.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 15:00:36 by MarieCV »
  • i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Marie,

It should be a buyers market, but interestingly Hyundai has just increased MRRP by a few hundred on i30's and Konas. Also there appears to be a bit of a surge in sales at the moment due to pent up demand (it wont reflect in Aussie Sales figures for a month or two because stock levels have been kept low due to various factors.

If you are a cash buyer it might be worth seeing what "auto expert" can come up with. Can't really lose (worth a try). We have no affiliation with John.

:link: Auto Expert by John Cadogan - save thousands on your next new car!

I would personally recommend white over black the PD looks great in white and dresses up well. Black looks awesome when clean but is not a safe colour and is hard to maintain. Just my 2 cents worth.

Have fun (great car)  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I brought my PD Active band new with Iron gray paint and three years free servicing for $22,500. No smart sense but in the car.  Got told from multiple dealers when haggling that paying cash doesn't mean much cause i had the money sitting there. They all said they can do a better deal on finance. Must get good kickbacks from signing people up or something.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline MarieCV

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I brought my PD Active band new with Iron gray paint and three years free servicing for $22,500. No smart sense but in the car.  Got told from multiple dealers when haggling that paying cash doesn't mean much cause i had the money sitting there. They all said they can do a better deal on finance. Must get good kickbacks from signing people up or something.

Thank you for your input! Yeah I've heard it from all of them about the finance, and one dealer did tell me they get more if I sign up with their finance. My bank offers the best rates etc though so finance from a dealer isn't a good option!
  • i30 Active

Offline MarieCV

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks for the welcome @Dazzler ! :D In regards to your buyers market comment, is that to say prices might drop more in a few months time when they have more stock and less people buying?

I'd heard of John so thank you for the link!

I have been deliberating over how much I'm really going to look after a black car (as well as how I'm going to avoid stone chips etc when I'm out in rural vic for jobs) so thanks for your input!
  • i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's hard to say if prices will drop later. I don't think by much if they do. Aussie $ is heading back up which may help in the long run with imports but it's been down for a while so I suspect that is what has forced Hyundai and others to up their prices.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Did a quick google, Hyundai closed their factory for a period over covid, so there may be supply issues that are offsetting the drop in sales.

Personally I look at carsales, find the cheapest car with what I need, ring a few dealers and see what they will do. Often they don't like this, so be prepared to go in as a customer, play all innocent, give them your number etc. They lay out the deal you want, car specs, full tank fuel, floor mats and how much you want to pay. Do not haggle. If they can't do the deal, be nice, let them know that you are keen to buy at that price, but will be going to other dealers. Go to a couple of dealers.

In a few days, if your price is on the cheap side of fair, you will get a call with an offer that should be close.

Do not play the stupid dealer games, or think that the person on the other side of the table is your friend. I just say lets not waste each others time, I want this car for this much, you can do the deal or you cant. I am as nice as pie, but firm. Oh and if you do get a deal, stay away from the Ming Mole......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The Ming Mole?
I guess you're talking about the poor lady to whom falls the task of selling you upholstery protection, Window tinting and Paint treatment?  :whistler: :snigger:
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
PS. Good to hear from you Beerman.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

PS. Good to hear from you Beerman.

:whsaid:

Good advice too.  :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal