i30 Owners Club

18 mths, 72000kms and in need of a new transmission

Mel · 111 · 43234

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto
 I have a 2010 auto wagon and have just been told that it needs a new transmission. I had been complaining about a delay in reverse engaging for 2 services and the high revving and the gears "sticking" when trying to overtake on hills.
In June I had the "malfunction warning" light appear on the dash as I was travelling between Bathurst and Orange. I called into Hyundai in Orange and it took them over an hour to tell me that their computer wasn't working so I travelled towards Parkes and just out of Parkes the light went off. As it was the Friday before the long weekend, Parkes Hyundai couldn't see my car until Tuesday so I drove the car (watching the oil and temp gauge as instructed by dealership) with no dramas. When it was hooked up to computer no fault was found.
 Last week I was travelling between Bathurst and Blayney and the malfunction light came on again!!!!! :Shocked: I knew that the nearest dealer was in Young where I was heading that afternoon so again I drove on watching the gauges once again. Got it into the dealer next morning and put on computer and found fault:
P0700 – Transmission Control System Malfunction
P0741 – Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off
The dealership in Young said they had had this problem twice before and both times required a new transmission but as i wasn't local they suggested to take it to my local dealership. I rang my local dealer (Heartland Hyundai Blacktown) to tell them what had had happened and they booked it in for today to put it on their computer and see what it says (my word not good enough) and it found fault with the transmission. They have told me it will require another transmission and they would organise an exchange one. I asked cant I get a new one and they replied it would mean you would be without a car for over a month to get a new one. By getting an exchange one they should be able to do it in a day. No mention was made about a loan car. They couldn't tell me what was actually wrong with my car or why it had happened or how long it would take to get an exchange transmission. They did tell me that the oil was burnt which confirmed that there was an issue with the transmission. I asked was it safe to drive my car until they could get a replacement and was told it should be fine but if I find any further problems bring it back.
Has anyone else had a problem with the auto diesel gearbox? Is the car still safe to drive?? I am a sales rep on the road all day Monday to Friday and about 1000km a week and am now scared that something is going to go wrong at the worst possible time.

• 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ah.. Now I can see why you are frustrated.. I don't believe it is a common problem. Try and shame them into a loan car (even if you have to mention this site) It is a worry having to drive it like that until it is fixed. Will be interested in other member replys.

Good luck with the fix  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
OK, first point, do not accept an exchange transmission.
When you bought the car you paid for a 5 year unlimited km warranty.
Therefore they are obliged by law to rectify their faults.
Providing the car has been serviced according to the Hyundai schedule then any parts required need to be genuine Hyundai and NEW.
There is no way I would accept second hand/reconditioned parts whilst under new car warranty.
This is just my opinion but it will be interesting to see what others say, but at this point I would not accept that solution.
Also, I am surprised/amazed that they let you drive away knowing that the transmission is U/S. If you get stranded somewhere, will they pay for recovery????
Dave
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hyundai are not obliged to provide a loan car, so it would probably depend on your relationship with your dealer. But, if you can swing a loaner, watch how fast they can put their hands on a new trans. I don't believe they don't have a new trans in their stocks in Oz. I think they are feeding you BS.  :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

When I rang Hyundai customer care after leaving the dealer they said that their warranty covers repair or replace and that an exchange would be appropriate. They said as I had so many kms on the car in a short period of time that they wouldn't give me a new one due to kms. I thought unlimited kms was just that perhaps there is super fine print that I couldn't find. They also said it was up to the dealer if they wanted to provide a loan car or not but its not supplied under warranty (even though for me no car = no work) and if I broke down then they are only obliged to take me to the nearest Hyundai dealer and it doesn't cover getting me or my car home. I do have top cover from NRMA which if I am more than 100kms for home they will get me and my car home. They also said that I would have to wait for a new transmission to come in from overseas (can they not take one from a new car and put it in mine??)

A work colleague with a lot more mechanical knowledge than me (not hard) said I may be better off with a reworked one as at least they will have fixed whatever the problems are with it and as I have been googling this afternoon found a bit of an issue with auto transmissions in diesel motors not coping with the higher torque and that causing problems.

My car has been service every 15000kms at the original dealer (which is about every 4 months) 
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No, unlimited kms means just that. Clearly a fault & with your good service record a new 1 is required. You need the guy from Fawlty towers that wanted a Waldorf salad to help you with this 1 I'm afraid.  :mad:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

When I rang Hyundai customer care after leaving the dealer they said that their warranty covers repair or replace and that an exchange would be appropriate. They said as I had so many kms on the car in a short period of time that they wouldn't give me a new one due to kms. I thought unlimited kms was just that perhaps there is super fine print that I couldn't find. They also said it was up to the dealer if they wanted to provide a loan car or not but its not supplied under warranty (even though for me no car = no work) and if I broke down then they are only obliged to take me to the nearest Hyundai dealer and it doesn't cover getting me or my car home. I do have top cover from NRMA which if I am more than 100kms for home they will get me and my car home. They also said that I would have to wait for a new transmission to come in from overseas (can they not take one from a new car and put it in mine??)

A work colleague with a lot more mechanical knowledge than me (not hard) said I may be better off with a reworked one as at least they will have fixed whatever the problems are with it and as I have been googling this afternoon found a bit of an issue with auto transmissions in diesel motors not coping with the higher torque and that causing problems.

My car has been service every 15000kms at the original dealer (which is about every 4 months)

I agree with the loan car part - I don't see that they would have to provide one (up to your dealership & their take on customer service).
But as for the exchange trans - there is no way I would personally accept that.
The warranty says repair or replace, I agree, but not with second hand or reconditioned parts.
Sorry, but I would scream blue murder if they tried that.
And as far as the reliability issue of a new trans they supplied, that is Hyundai's problem as long as it is under warranty and the car is serviced according to the book (which yours has been).
At the end of the day it is up to you and what you are happy with, but an exchange unit is a cheaper and simpler way out for them, but it is not the right way.
As has been suggested, I would be pointing out to the dealership that there a few thousand interested parties (on this forum) eagerly awaiting the outcome  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
With all due respect, I think that stating that you would demand a new transmission is making the problem harder for Mel.

Hyundai's obligation is to fix the problem, how they choose to do that is their business. They can fit a new one, take the old one out and replace the parts or get an exchange one. If the car had 1500k on it you would have a point to argue. But given that, assuming the best, it is approaching 1/3 of its lifespan Hyundai have the right to use reconditioned (which in reality is new, with an old case). This is their choice, not yours. They would argue that either way your getting a transmission with 0k's on the clock when you have done 70k's

We would all love a new auto or engine when things go bad, but it is not a requirement.

The loan car would be good customer service on their part, but again the high k's that you do may well work against you there too, but kicking up here will get you somewhere.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, hell I'm worried because I have an auto diesel cw too.

Having a diesel i30 and doing a few k's myself, I am hoping you got a bad one....

Goodluck
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I'm not trying to make it hard for Mel and as I said, at the end of the day it is what she is happy with that matters.
But I would not accept a second hand part as a replacement for a transmission that failed at 72,000 kms.
It should not have failed.
She has done everything right and has had the car serviced by the book.
Therefore I don't see that she should have to accept a second hand part to replace what is a Hyundai fault. Not her's.
I'm not trying to make things more difficult, but I hate seeing people ripped off by dealers & manufacturers.
I bet when the car was sold new they didn't say then that if anything went wrong they wouldn't supply new parts?
And they would not have said that if she did more than average kms they would use reconditioned parts either.
They offer a new car warranty of five years, unlimited kms and that is what they should abide by.
So we will have to agree to disagree on that one  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I don't like to ruffle anyone's feathers but  :whsaid:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
mel

How would you describe the kms you put on your car. eg stop/start fast/slow road conditions etc.  :question:

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

mel

How would you describe the kms you put on your car. eg stop/start fast/slow road conditions etc.  :question:

it is a mixture of city and country driving, I cover the southern half of NSW so 8 work days a month are spent open country driving and the rest in the metropolitan area. I would say I have 6 days a month spent in heavy traffic (stop start on the motorways in peak hour Sydney traffic) and the rest doing your average 60km/per hour driving. I ease my foot from the accelerator rather than braking hard and drive sensible as I see enough idiots on the road to be one of them. Will this make a difference to how my transmission is worn?
 I open the bonnet of my car to top up my window washer and that's about it so my mechanical knowledge is very basic and I am worried that the dealer takes advantage of this but I dont mind taking on a challenge if I can learn basics that will help me look like I know what I am talking about..  :winker:
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
BTW Welcome! Thanks for that. Sounds like you treat your car well. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site & the members are always willing to offer help or advice. Sorry to hear about your problem.  :blubber:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I've got the document in front of me,

Firstly I note that the service passport may not apply here due to the vehicle being used by as a sales rep. The vehicle may be covered by the commercial 5 year 130,000k warranty.

In further looking into the terms and conditions I note that "any component .....found to be defective.....at the discretion of Hyundai, be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Hyundai" (edited for relevance to topic).

As stated, Hyundai's obligation is to fix the problem, how they choose to do it is up to them. They have chosen to repair the transmission.

As an aside, apart from the above there are other limits to the warranty:

12 month Paint application defects
24 months/40k Battery
36 months/100k Paint (peeling, scaling, poor welding, rust, blister etc).

There are also the standard clauses re delivery of vehicle to them, and not responsible for loss of vehicle/income.

So you can argue until your blue in the face but it is there in black and white what their obligations are.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

BTW Welcome! Thanks for that. Sounds like you treat your car well. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site & the members are always willing to offer help or advice. Sorry to hear about your problem.  :blubber:

Thanks 847563, that is true.
And just because you get two different opinions, doesn't mean one's right & the other's wrong either. My opinion is only my opinion and I can only say what I would do if I was in that situation.
We're all friends on here  :) and we wish you well with your issues. I hope it works out well & to your complete satisfaction.
Having said that, I would hold out for new.
I had a similar issue years ago with an insurance company who wanted to use second hand parts to repair my car.
My argument was that I didn't get reduced premiums. My premiums were the full amount so if new parts were available, then new parts should be used.
At the end of the day they agreed to use new parts.
Same here. New car price paid. New car warranty offered. Should be new car warranty honoured.
Repairing the original part I can understand or replacing it with new I can understand.
replacing it with second hand or reconditioned I cannot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:17:22 by db08 »
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I would also be more happy with new part rather then used one. The problem here is, from what I've read, that you would have to wait a month for the car to be fixed, and this way, they could do it in a day.

You have two options, the second one extends:
I.) Have it fixed quickly, by putting used part in (not my favorite)
II.) Have if fixed by putting in the new part - and you do that if:
a) you get a replacement car meanwhile (which I doubt you will, but would be great)
b) you drive with your car and hope it wont stop (my least favorite)
c) they put in that used part, while you are waiting for the new one to arrive and when it arrives, you put in the new one (that would be - IMO the best deal)

Now, it all depends on the dealer and their "flexibility". They can obviously see that you do a lot of km's, thus you will probably be getting a new car in some future time (even if not soon, tell them you plan on buying a new one in 1-2 year time). In case you are not happy with their solution, tell them, that it is your last Hyundai. BUT if they fix the car, by putting the used part in, they have fixed the car and done what they are supposed to. And many times, when you take it to the dealers (all brands) they will put in used part and you wont even know. Trust me, I've seen that in many cases, even on services like BMW, Volvo, and so on - If they do put in used part, have them sign or write somewhere (so it's valid), that in case the new (but old) one brakes, you still have warranty, as if the new one was installed..! It would be very unpleasant if they would say: "well this is an old one, you don't have warranty for this part anymore, I doubt it was installed here"...

Beside that, they should figure out, why it broke down in the first place? Too much shifting (start-stop) or what? But DON'T put those words in their mouth - because in the end, they'll blame it on you and your way of driving.

I'm really sad to see you having such problems with the car, especially, when there is an owner of i30 in our country - Slovenia (also CRDi, but manual), who has done over 300,000 km in 3 years (I promise, I'll get to him somehow and have him join this site) and had no problems with it. He has said many times, that when he decides to replace the car (probably when warranty runs out) - so it will probably be around 400-500.000 km, he is DEFINITELY buying a Hyundai again (i30 or i40).

Please report about the progress with your vehicle.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:26:54 by accim »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
db08

I think you mean Mel.

& I was agreeing with your opinion.

beerman

Yes I would accept them repairing my trans, but not exchanging with an unknown device. This raises an interesting point. IMO Repair means fix my broken device. Replace means replace with new parts. When you get your car serviced, the parts are new, not off a local wreck.  :neutral:

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
Welcome Mel,

I have not had transmission problems, but have had some problems with my lights and also am on the road, like you. Pretty useless being directed to the local dealer at 6pm when I finish work in a country pharmacy and have no headlights to get back to Sydney

I found Customer Care fairly useless initially. A bit like any call centre, with the person answering not having the authority to fix anything.

So when I called them about my problem and they returned the call, not even having the courtesy of opening my file and reading the history I hit the roof and was bumped up a level to Vatche Tavitian.

You may have a better response calling

Danny De Chalain
  Area After Sales Manager
  Hyundai Motor Company Australia
  Phone   :  +61 2 8873 6203
  Mobile   :  +61 438 438 118
  mailto   :  Danny_deChalain@hyundai.com.au
  Web      :  www.hyundai.com.au

or

Vatche Tavitian
  Assistant Manager Customer Care
  Hyundai Motor Company Australia

Phone   :  1800 186 306
  mailto   :  customercare@hyundai.com.au
  Web     :  www.hyundai.com.au

When I was being stuffed around I also sent a direct email to Edward Lee CEO Hyundai Australia. edward_lee@hyundai.com.au

I didn't get a direct response from him but received emails from both of the above assuring me that things were being looked into and they both referred to my email to Mr Lee.

I am driving a loan car this week as my dealer at Pennant Hills has my car trying to sort out the problem and the loan car is an auto i30 with 57K km on the clock and I noticed it slipping a bit as I drove it home. I don't usually drive autos and wondered if it was just my imagination, when I got home I opened the thread.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Pulling a transmission out of a wreck or a used car out the back is used.

Reconditioned is taking the part out and replacing it with a fixed part, thus saving the time taken to repair your part. Same result for mine, the other choice you have is to insist they repair your transmission, but this will mean more time off the road.

A new transmission would obviously be the best option, but it would appear from the wording of the warranty unachievable with Hyundai's current attitude. Your only hope in this regard is to take it higher up the line and hope.

As an aside, my insurance will consider the use of reco parts when the new warranty expires (there are a heap of other conditions as to when they will use them). So like the warranty, it pays to read the fine print booklet they send you. because you can bet that's what they will refer you back to.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

db08

I think you mean Mel.

& I was agreeing with your opinion.

beerman

Yes I would accept them repairing my trans, but not exchanging with an unknown device. This raises an interesting point. IMO Repair means fix my broken device. Replace means replace with new parts. When you get your car serviced, the parts are new, not off a local wreck.  :neutral:

I know you were  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks everyone for the great replies.. If I was Mel I would be stoked..

Mel, remind them that you have been using them for service very regularly and as accim says hint at the possibilities of being an ongoing new car customer (or not)

Also point out that it is normal for members on this site who have a major problem to be assisted with a loan car .. we can dig up lots of examples for you to use if necessary  :goodjob:

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

thanks Druggist for those helpful contacts. I have come from a customer service background so have had previous experience with what types of contact can make companies sit up and take notice (I Hope) so will speak to the dealer tomorrow and see what joy I get and hope I dont have to take the matter higher.  I have just been reading your headlight problem with interest as I have a colleague in Qld (that refuses to use computers lol) that has had the exact same problem with a 2009 SLX petrol, and (touch wood) I leave my parking lights on all the time and drive with headlights quite a bit and haven't had a problem. I will query him further and post for you tomorrow the lengths he has taken to get his problem fixed.

I believe that the exchange transmission would be one that has had a problem like mine  and been sent to the transmission experts for repair just like mine will end up as someone else's exchange as opposed to it coming out of a wreck (so to speak).

Beerman my car is covered under the normal service book warranty conditions as its  paid for from my car allowance with no ABN so is considered a private vehicle. I wonder if I get a full warranty on the exchange transmission??
    If I were to let them repair my transmission then I would be without my vehicle for some time. As they would have to take it out, send it off to Hyundai who would send it to their transmission specialists who would look at it fix it (or exchange it if fixing it is not an option) and then send it back to the dealer to be put back into my car. Customer care suggested that I would have to wait for a new one from Korea but then said I wouldn't get a new one due to kms travelled on my current one.

• 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

thanks Dazzler they are aware that I only plan to keep the current vehicle for another 18 months (for tax purposes) and then I will be upgrading to another car. I will be drawing to their attention that I have been researching the matter on the net and drop the names that Druggist has supplied and see what reaction I get. They have been good at providing loan cars and even gave me a trade in car to use while I was waiting for my car (my trade-in had run out of registration) but since buying the car the dealership has been sold and the salesman (who used to organise my loan car not the service department) had now been transferred to the Holden branch of their company, on a plus side I am dealing with the service manager direct so hopefully may get a better outcome
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Like someone else said please keep us posted and as you can see there are lots who are keen to help...

Do we have any NSW members who can put in a good word for Mel via their own dealer?

P.S. I have got to hit the sack  :sleeping: but will monitor this thread with much interest  :cool:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi Mel and welcome aboard. As you can see, your issue has drawn plenty of feedback from our concerned and interested members.
I have to say, it makes sense to argue for a new replacement transmission and like others I find it hard to believe they don't have a new transmission on the shelf here in Oz.
But beerman is on the money. He's taken the time to investigate the manual.
From your last post (before the one to Dazzler), you also seem to have a good handle on the options and also understand that "replacement" means reconditioned, not just second hand out of a wreck.
I think I would try the contacts druggist provided but, failing that I would reckon you'll have perfect service out of a reconditioned unit.

Trev

PS. Reading the names of all those places you go to once a month brought back some pleasant memories for me doing similar routes down there.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
in the very early crdi auto days there was a problem with the auto not being able to cope with the high torque of the diesel engine,but that was rectified very early.  :goodjob2: :goodjob: your car is the only recent i30 that i can remember having any crdi auto trans problems.  :Shocked:  and as my fellow forum lovers have mentioned,5 year warranty.  :judges: :happydance:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thinking back I seem to recall the last RACQ mag did a review on the I30 and noted as one of the (very few) things to watch out for was 'sticking valves' I wonder if this fault went undiagnosed leading to your problem?

Personally I hope you do get a new transmission, it is what I would be shooting for. But I think it is also important to know where you stand from a legal viewpoint, because the way you start the argument with these departments can effect the eventual outcome. If you get the eventual decision maker off side, your stuffed....

Research is your friend here (I recently got an upgrade on a mobile phone after researching online and discovering that my phone had pages and pages written about how bad it was.....Of course the phone company already knew this, but it is a lot harder to fob you off when you tell them to google the phone and the top 10 results are forums dedicated to how crap they are). Conversely if you cannot find any major posts, then you can run the 'its obvious that this is a one off problem, and obviously would be better for you from a customer service viewpoint if you replaced it with a new one, especially with the new model coming out next year.

Also it would appear that you have used dealer servicing and reported the fault on a number of previous occasions without a successful result. I would be pointing out the (massive) premium you are paying to have experts in the I30 service your vehicle, and how disappointed you are that they couldn't diagnose the fault before the tranny was stuffed (and the number of k's that have passed since your first report especially if it was early in the k's when they would have replaced your transmission.

You also said you are a member of the NRMA. They have a department which is dedicated to this sort of stuff, enlist their help, they will also have some idea if it is a one off.

Finally, I would be careful what I left in my car when I sent it for servicing. The Passport does not talk about how the car was bought, but how it is used (and the onus is on the owner to prove that they are a private user), again they don't tell you this when you buy the car (and unless you were recording the sales bloke if he told you your usage would be regarded as private  but your laws in NSW are different in that regard and as I understand it you have to warn the other party which sucks)

But your in for a battle, look how long it took to get Ford to acknowledge the ball joint issues on its early Terry's they were there for years, and they steadfastly ignored them once the 3 year warranty expired (offering free parts as a gesture of goodwill to those who did their research and complained, but only when the job was done at a Ford repair shop thus almost certainly ensuring that it was cheaper to get it done elsewhere). Eventually (and after most had passed the point) they offered to warrant them to 150,000k but it was only done to get the issue out of the press as the new Terry was around the corner, in the meantime thousands of people were out of pocket.

Good luck

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

Hi everyone, i spoke with the service manager (3pm this afternoon) to find out what was happening with my transmission. He told me that he had placed an order with the "transmission mob" in Melbourne to get an exchange and that he had received no reply. I explained that it was causing me stress driving the vehicle and that i was concerned that it could break down at any moment and cause an accident. I also told him that this problem must be fixed before i take the car on my next country run on the 14th of November. He said he will send a follow up email and understood my concerns but his hands were tied and that my only hope of something being done quicker was to get intouch with Hyundai direct. I told him that i had been given contacts via this group and that i would send an email tonight to see what result i can get.
Beerman as far as using the car for work i was very upfront about what i did and how many kms i was intending to do on the vehicle when i purchased it. I explain the main reason for choosing this car was the unlimited kms warranty. They also organised the finance for my vehicle as well so they were well aware what my intention was. They marked the inside of the passport as private use, the car is registered and insured in my name and address but is paid for out of a car allowance that my company pays me to drive my own vehicle. I was under the belief that for it to be deemed as a company vehicle then i had to be purchased using a ABN number (not 100% on that) which this wasn't. I would be extremely angry if Hyundai suddenly turned around and said i was not entitled to the full warranty on the vehicle (i purchased this on the good report a fellow work colleague had with his).
  • 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I would be interested to know if the exchange transmission is improved from the original? Do they rebuild them with better parts or just to the original spec?

Seems like you've covered your bases with the warranty, just noticed the exclusion when I was reading the conditions (must admit it was the first time I had really read it).

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Hi Mell and all.....couldn't sleep and came to check the forum and "create some tiredness" !!!   ( Not that the forum is boring, anything but!!!)

Great to see the support that you have been given, it speaks measures for the calibre of the forum members.

Just one thing that can be added to the extensive information that you have, and I note that someone mentioned the NRMA legal department, but in the past I have also found that the mention of the Dept of Fair Trading also can have a positive effect if "negotiations" have stalled or if your looking for an unbiased interpretation of  the "terms and conditions" etc.  Might be worth a call if you have the time....

Also, we drive a CW auto, have about 60,000 km on the clock, mostly non urban driving, that does involve some "ups and down" ( Hawkesbury Area ) and recently my wife has commented on the "lag" when reverse is selected, before it actually engages. Given this thread I will time it and see what gives.
 We have had none of the other symptoms that you described, but maybe the "lag" could be the start of something.....I also use Blacktown Hyundai.  :scared:

Anyone else aware of a "lag"..... is it normal or not?

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :goodjob:

Mmmmm, 4.55am     Back to bed!!!!        :faint:

• 2016 i30 CW auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal