i30 Owners Club

1.6 crdi cylinder/electronic problem

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear
Hi Guys!

I'm new in this forum. I have a Hyundai i30cw 1.6 crdi (2011) car, but nowadays my purchase became a nightmare. On a 150 km route, suddenly on 50 km from the end, 2 cylinders are just stopped, the usual noise when you have only 2 or 3 cylinders. The manufacturer service's computer didn't seen anything, but the dealer and engineer recognised the problem and showed me that if he was moving a cable, sometime my cylinders work, sometimes not. They said that it's probably a connection problem with a cable, and not the cylinder broken down. The service would be very expensive, because they must check all the cables.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Maybe glow plug problem?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 15:45:29 by komimate »
  • i30cw 1.6 crdi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
What cables :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
cables connected to the glow plug

I'm assuming you are actually talking the cables connected to the injectors(this is the only way it would run on two cyclinders)looking at the year of your car,to fix this issue should not cost you one brass razoo,this would be a warranty issue,to my way of thinking,unless you the bought your car as a business car
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear
Thank you Rick! Your descprition is right, and I dont have warranty. Any tips now? I have a friend who can replace the cable packet, but the dealer can't order it. Where can I buy this cable packet?
  • i30cw 1.6 crdi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Find it unusual you can't source the injector loom for a dealer,do you have any wreckers close handy,maybe an auto electrician,I couldn't find any on ebay,hopefully some others will read this thread and come up with some ideas
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear
I hope...also searched yesterday the ebay :(
  • i30cw 1.6 crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Komimate,

where do you reside as I find it unusual that the dealer won't order new leads...

Have you contacted the Hy HQ where you reside to see what they can do for you..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi komimate

:wttc:

The glow plugs are only used when you start the engine, so they're not the faulty parts.

As mentioned, the wiring for the injectors could be the problem. Do you know which cylinders are affected..? You could try to follow the wiring for each cylinder to see if the cables are broken or maybe eaten by a mouse.

I find it strange if Hyundai can't/won't order a new cableset for you... :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I think you'll find injector harness is part of engine harness and would be priced very high.

If the fault lies within the connectors themselves you may be able to close the terminals up on female side to promote better contact. Quite fiddly and you have to back out each terminal.
Option two would be finding a wreck and taking the connectors along with as much wire as possible, cut and solder the new connectors in place.

If it's wiring that's the problem, not connector, you will need to find the poor wire and repair as nessacary.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, agree with cruiserfied. It should be cheaper to actually test the continuity of all the injector wires, because your problem may NOT be the connectors or wires. If the ECU is faulty, then replacing the wires would be a useless fix. You need to confirm that it IS a wiring fault first. Once confirmed and identified, have an auto electrician replace the faulty wiring, not the whole engine wiring loom.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear
Thank you guys! It looks like cruiserfield has the point because the problem is in the connector. I will try his solutions "If the fault lies within the connectors themselves you may be able to close the terminals up on female side to promote better contact. Quite fiddly and you have to back out each terminal.
Option two would be finding a wreck and taking the connectors along with as much wire as possible, cut and solder the new connectors in place." Ty cruiserfield! I will update the post.
  • i30cw 1.6 crdi

Offline Craig00071

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gungahlin, ACT
I find these two places to be excellent.

Wholesale car parts Australia (Brisbane)
Just Japanese auto spares/JJauto spares (Sydney).

• 2010 i30, SLX, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, Auto, White. 271000km

Offline komimate

• 1st Gear
Sorry, because I didnt write just in time, but a month ago the problem has solved. Simply, because the official Hyundai dealer finally had time to fix my car. It was an hour long repair, where two cables (or I dont know what is the exact name of these) replaced. A yellow and a green connected to the injectors and my car works 100%, costed ~50$.

I hope you have gain some experience related to my feedback. Thank you!

• i30cw 1.6 crdi

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Good to hear you go it sorted... :goodjob2:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal