i30 Owners Club

Our GD4 SII HATCH - 5 months old

mickd · 4 · 18604

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
As the heading says "5 months on".
We've had "i" for 5 months,  11200 km clocked up. Time to rotate tyres & check alignment.

PRO'S
economy,  comfortable & supportive leather seats,  good forward and side vision,  steering is direct with  (dare I say it) good feel,  suspension is well sorted, A/C is damn cold, plenty of poke when tromped

CON'S:
Scratchy finish on 2 interior door handles - replaced.
Mic for phone - picks up road & engine noise 60% of the time  ( possible recall coming )
Rear vision not great, (it's a hatch -still no worse than a SS with rear wing )

DEALER SERVICE :
Organized door handles,  managed to chip a piece (5mm square ) out of paint at top of L/H guard - looks like touched up with liquid paper - been waiting for options for doing repair - heading that way next week, time for a serve.

Male Owner Problems :
Still  drive off with side mirrors folded in   :rolleyes:
Still smack forehead into hatch area cover -have drawn blood  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Extras : Floor & dash mats - $150, full window tint  (20%) with big strip across the front  - $170, slimline weather shields with solid blackout tint - $60

Verdict :
Winner  ! !            :i30:
Excellent value for money . Perfect commuter or 2 up traveler.
Dealer service will be served.
Male owner may need software revision 
(was going to say "update" but that's leaving myself open  ....oops,  asking for trouble )

Also forum member for 5 months - Excellent forum , best one I belong to  !

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good one Mick! We like you too..  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Still  drive off with side mirrors folded in   :rolleyes:

I feel you! There is a setting in the options to turn the automation on/off... Mine are always folded out, so I don't accidentally blind myself with the blinkers!

You've barley run in your engine! It will get even better as you clock on some more km. Think mine started feeling really good around 25000km. But it might be a little different on the petrol.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Update : 6 months old 15150km
15kkm service by mechanic was straight forward, complete underneath check found all good.
I decided to change cabin filter as per service schedule -whoa ! the amount of BLACK CRAP in it.
Should have taken a pic, (derr) then thought that car usually has a fine coat of black particles after a couple of days of her going to work. Will change every 3 months now -Pep's parts has the filter for $20:00 everyday.

:i30:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal