i30 Owners Club

What is 2PT FUEL SERVICE?

Offline PawelPabich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hello,

I just had my car serviced (32k, 4 year) and when I got back home I noticed that there few things at the bottom of the invoice that the dealer didn't do but recommend doing. Most of them are pretty obvious but there is one that I have no idea about.  Google is also failing me. Any idea what "2PT FUEL SERVICE" is? Is it worth 129 AUD? My car is still under 5y warranty. Also, my car smells inside like a petrol station so I hope it's not some kind of mistake they want me to pay for.

Thanks!
  • i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
If you Google 2 Part fuel service you'll get your answers.

Here is a test done using additives then properly servicing the relevant parts.
:link: Fuel System Cleaners - Fact Or Fiction - Import Tuner Magazine

In short, no it's not worth it.
Nor are engine flushes if you're ever offered one.

If your engine is old, some form of service would be required to bring it back up to speed. If it's not, it isn't needed.

Using a higher rating fuel - 95 or 98 octane will help keep your fuel system in good condition, as will, in my experience, an occasional addition of fuel injector cleaner although not all will agree with this last.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Re your smelling like fuel. The 4yr service is a 60000km service which should include a fuel filter accessed under the rear seat. If this was done some smell normally hangs around for a day or two.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline PawelPabich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks @Surferdude. 2PT = 2 Part is what I was missing.
  • i30

Offline PawelPabich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Re your smelling like fuel. The 4yr service is a 60000km service which should include a fuel filter accessed under the rear seat. If this was done some smell normally hangs around for a day or two.

That was my initial response when I picked up the car. A bit of residual smell was ok and even expected. Today is 48h since the service was done and the small is quite strong. Even tough I aired the car properly the day before to the point that the smell was gone. It looks like I will be back at the dealer on Monday.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

That was my initial response when I picked up the car. A bit of residual smell was ok and even expected. Today is 48h since the service was done and the small is quite strong. Even tough I aired the car properly the day before to the point that the smell was gone. It looks like I will be back at the dealer on Monday.

Might be worth checking under the back seat for a fuel spill? Don't light up a smoke.  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal