i30 Owners Club

Hello from Sydney + my new (second hand) i30 wagon

Offline chaosmagician

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to say hello and that Im glad to be part of the i30 owners club (and forum) as I bought a second hand 2013 i30 elite tourer wagon (1.6l diesel) today - got it for $13500 (any thoughts on the price?) with just under 85000 km on the clock (I know its a little high for a 4 year old car). Very nominal comsetic damage.. with a couple of spots where the window tinting has been slightly damaged.. but apart from that I had it checked out with a mechanic who gave it the all clear and the dealer serviced it and put on 4 new tyres.

Managed to get 400km from 1/3 of the tank with the fuel calculator telling me i was getting 5.6l to 100km - pretty happy about that!

If anyone has a heads up on where to score cheap roof racks and car seat covers for the car.. let me know! many thanks to the admins and the owner of this website for their effort in giving us all a home on the web! :D

• 2013 i30 Elite Tourer Wagon CDRi - 1.6l Turbo Diesel

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:
Nice tidy car there. Diesel is the pick in my book, so  :Agoodjob:

eBay and your local wreckers are where you go to avoid dealer pricing. I think you'll like our community. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Congrats.  Higher mileage probably isn't a bad thing. Sounds like it's done a lot of highway miles which are easier on the drivetrain than short city work... I reckon $13500 for a rare Elite Diesel is pretty good (less than half the original on road cost) I hope they put reasonable quality new tyres on. What brand did you score if you don't mind me asking.

In the right conditions you should do even better with economy.

You might be able to get the two damaged windows retinted if you find the right tinting place ( a helpful one)

What sort of seat covers do you want. Supercheap regularly do good specials on seat covers and Autobarn too from time to time. Ebay covers are variable in quality in my opinion.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline chaosmagician

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Congrats.  Higher mileage probably isn't a bad thing. Sounds like it's done a lot of highway miles which are easier on the drivetrain than short city work... I reckon $13500 for a rare Elite Diesel is pretty good (less than half the original on road cost) I hope they put reasonable quality new tyres on. What brand did you score if you don't mind me asking.

In the right conditions you should do even better with economy.

You might be able to get the two damaged windows retinted if you find the right tinting place ( a helpful one)

What sort of seat covers do you want. Supercheap regularly do good specials on seat covers and Autobarn too from time to time. Ebay covers are variable in quality in my opinion.

Hi Dazzler!

Yeah the dealer said it was owned by a older couple from the country (dont they always say that though? haha!). Checked it out.. no prior crashes etc. It does have a tow ball .. which makes me wary that whoever was the previous owner was hauling heavy stuff alot.

The dealer originally priced at 16990 but obviously not one went for it at that price.. and I saw the exact same car/model at another dealer with 100,000km and they were not wanting to go lower than $15500. Ill look at the tyre brand tomorrow and repost here (not currently near the car).

Ive never owned a car worthy enough of having seat covers before.. so I dont really know whats out there and whats the difference between the different ones that are available? kinda excited that I own a somewhat decent car for the first time in my life! Thanks for the heads up.. I wont go for any ebay ones then.

wondering.. do you or anyone else have a heads up on cheap(ish) key cloning (key itself/immobilizer/central locking) in Sydney? many thanks
  • 2013 i30 Elite Tourer Wagon CDRi - 1.6l Turbo Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
No worries,  I saw your shout out to another member in another thread about keys. Hopefully he can help.

I personally like Sheepskin covers. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If you get the "gold" mid quality ones at supecheap on special they are usually $229 a pair down from $299. They are soft and comfy and airbag friendly.  I got some from ebay for my last car that were supposed to be 6 star but weren't any better (if as good) as the mid range ones from Supercheap. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
 :wlcome01:

Congrats! I'd say mileage is good. mines done 60k in the one and a half years since I bought it. Only had 6k km on the clock when I bought it two years old, its turning four in november.

Same with tow hook, car has no problem towing, diesel is very good for it and it does not seem to strain to much the times Ive pulled heavier loads.

I bought my roof racks from hy dealer, same price as most of the auto stores alu profile ones, easy enough to remove and attach.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi chaosmagician

:wttc:

No need to worry about the towball, the i30 diesel is a fine towcar..  :whistler:  My 2008 have now done 279,000 km and just returned from summer vacation in Italy, towing the caravan, of course. A trip of ca 3500 km.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Congrats mate,

Depending on driving you should be able to better that economy figure. I get 5.3-5.4 in the i40. I used to get around 5.8 in the FD wagon but it had the 4 speed box.

For seat covers Ebay is your friend. I got a set of front and rears for the FD hatch for around $140 delivered. After 4 years they are showing their age in the front drivers (I will have to swap them around with the passengers one day). They are not fancy sheep skin, but they do the job. :link: HYUNDAI i30 GD 2012-2017 HATCH+TOURER SEAT COVERS ACTIVE ELITE PREMIUM SR TROPHY  Just make sure any you look at are airbag compliant.

You will also find roof racks on ebay too. I would also check Gumtree, it is the time for company cars of that age to start to be flipped so you might find a set on there.

I sold my FD wagon with 142,000 trouble free k's on it (Still with the original brake pads), doing mostly highway miles. It would be fair to say that the Wife's car that has done 98k of city driving has given me more grief (It had its pads done at 75k and is on the 3rd set of tyres which I was on when I sold mine).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:37:06 by beerman »
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day chaos'

:i30:

Nice unit,  good work   :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Congratulations! Good price! Sold our 2014 GD i30 diesel manual for $18000 with 55,000km on the clock.

Just a question, is it an Elite or Active? I thought the elites had chrome door handles and indicators on the mirrors...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
Welcome! Great to have you on board :goodjob:
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal