i30 Owners Club

Rattle comming from my i30 1.6 turbo 7 speed auto

loved1 · 4 · 4723

Offline loved1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Dubbo Western NSW
I put my Dec 2015 i30 turbo auto in for its 15,000kms service. Returning to the dealer to pick it up I was told I would have to re book it in as there was a noise comming from the gearbox. I booked it back in and the gearbox was taken out and was supposeing fixed. At the 30,000 service I mentioned the noise was still there. The car was running ok except when idleing it would make a rattling noise.As soon as it went above idle the rattle would go. After noticing this I took it back to the dealer and the head machinic came out and I showed him the problem. He said it was only that it was a diesel motor making the rattle. The 45,000klms service I again mentioned the problem. It was booked in again to hopefully have the problem fixed. I received a phone call a couple of days before it was due to go in about a bulliten the dealer had received from Hyundai regarding the 7 speed turbo gearboxes. I was told they had to get special tools needed to carry out the repaires needed. I am still waiting for a reply more than three months ago. I will be booking the car in again in another week as I am going to Newcastle in it on the October long weekend and want the 60,000klms service carried out before I go. It has 58,700klms at present. I will call in on the way home from work tomorrow to book it in and to see what excuses they give regarding the repair. Please note I have done 45,000klms since waiting for the dealer to do the repairs. If they couldn't fix it back when it had 15,000klms on it than it is my opinion they don't know what to do. I work with a fellow who used th work with a transmission place and said that being a dual clutch automatic it would most possibly have to be replaced. I agree just put in a new gearbox. End of argument.
  • i30 deisel auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is not good ( my special subject : the bleeding obvious)

Make sure you keep any communications/paperwork mentioning the fault in case it still happening after warranty expires. Very frustrating!

BTW - :welcum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hornet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
As you were told by the dealer a service bulletin had been had been issued by Hy, I would be taking the matter up with Customer Service to find out if the dealer has been honest with you. Try to get a copy of the document, but I bet they will not give you one, and at the same time request a new gearbox be installed. As said attempt to get and keep a record of all their replies as you may need this at some later date should the gearbox fail. If Hy claim there has been no bulletin issued the dealer has been misleading you and for this I would be most annoyed demanding immediate rectification of the fault you have in the gear box.
Good luck
  • i30 CW CRDI 1.6l Auto 2011

Offline andre83440

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
Hi, I hope you got this resolved. See my post on the auto gearbox judder .... the dealer is not normally allowed to dismantle a dct box but push for it to be resolved and you may get a new box. If the dealership pushes Hyundai they should respond.  Good luck !
  • 2015 1.6 CRDi 110 DCT-7 Blue Drive , Diesel, Automatic, Executive

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal