i30 Owners Club

DIY i30 keys - programming

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
The diagnostic tool arrived today. I will have a go at installing the software later when I get a chance

Will be interested in your feed back. I think the unit is a Chinese knock off of a proven  Protool or similar unit.
Had a look at your links. As usual the ebay sellers are selling 'something' that they have bought on mass. The Chinglish description is so vague that it is useless.
Another link has one of our members unwittingly finding that he may be able to reset steering centre for EPS and ESP, (did you see that @tw2005 ?)
fireman you could have quite a useful tool if you can find the user manual for the original scanner.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I think I got $300 worth of sweat out of him for $100 that day. I reckon next time I call him with a pickles pickup I'll just hear clunk as the phone goes down.

I'll pm you a number.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
So is something like this useful for giving Firty a checkup?
:link: Bluetooth Mini ELM327 OBD2 II Auto Car OBD2 Diagnostic Interface Scanner Tool | eBay
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Seems a bit expensive to me!  :Shocked: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
So is something like this useful for giving Firty a checkup?
:link: Bluetooth Mini ELM327 OBD2 II Auto Car OBD2 Diagnostic Interface Scanner Tool | eBay

Hey Gonz ,   We both Know this is the  'Techo Oracle", you've probably been dabbling with it already.  :goodjob2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I think I got $300 worth of sweat out of him for $100 that day. I reckon next time I call him with a pickles pickup I'll just hear clunk as the phone goes down.

I'll pm you a number.

Cheers.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline firemanpek

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      port stephens nsw australia
I'm downloading the European software for GDS with the clean install and update 03-11-000 is just over 60 gig be ready in about 6 hrs. eBay seller also provided me with installation instructions and a bit of tech support.
  • i30 1.6 sw

Offline firemanpek

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      port stephens nsw australia
Bit of an update, all the software is installed on a windows 7 laptop. Seems to be working.
I updated the firmware to the VCI. I think it is version 2.14 now.
 I am waiting for my bro to drive here from Perth, he is driving via Darwin so he is certainly making a trip of it.
 The seller gave me a link to make an account for the GDS software login, I havent tried creating one yet.
My brother ordered 2 blank unprogrammed keys from Amalgamated Locksmiths in Brisbane $85 pair, which have not arrived yet.
We are going to try to program them with the VCI and GDS, but we have a back up in case we cannot. The Auto electrician said he will program them for $55 each and Kloster Hyundai in Newcastle said they will give us the immobilizer codes if we provide rego papers and ID.
 So it looks like which ever way we go we should have a working set of keys after Christmas.
 I will keep whoever wants to know updated in case someone wants to go down the same path in the future. Merry xmas all be safe
  • i30 1.6 sw

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds very promising. Thanks for the update.  :goodjob2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Bit of an update, all the software is installed on a windows 7 laptop. Seems to be working.
 I am waiting for my bro to drive here from Perth, he is driving via Darwin so he is certainly making a trip of it.
 The seller gave me a link to make an account for the GDS software login, I havent tried creating one yet.
My brother ordered 2 blank unprogrammed keys from Amalgamated Locksmiths in Brisbane $85 pair, which have not arrived yet.
We are going to try to program them with the VCI and GDS, but we have a back up in case we cannot. The Auto electrician said he will program them for $55 each and Kloster Hyundai in Newcastle said they will give us the immobilizer codes if we provide rego papers and ID.
 So it looks like which ever way we go we should have a working set of keys after Christmas.
 I will keep whoever wants to know updated in case someone wants to go down the same path in the future. Merry xmas all be safe
I found Klosters generally pretty professional. better than the average dealer. Not perfect but they do try to please.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I found Klosters generally pretty professional. better than the average dealer. Not perfect but they do try to please.
Agreed. I had a bit to do with their Ford division about 12 years ago. Training them on tyres. Very committed to their craft.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal