i30 Owners Club

Power window has stopped working

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Sadly and without warning the passengers front power window works no more. All the other are fine. Any clues??
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Sadly and without warning the passengers front power window works no more. All the other are fine. Any clues??

I think the clues need to come from you first.

Elite, Is that GD series?

Can you hear the motor run?

Conditions that lead up to failure, any weird noises?

Non functional at door switch and master drivers switch?

Basically either electrical or mechanical failure.

The FD series are known for window mechanisms breaking, and my pass front will not go up at the dood but fine at the master so that's a door switch issue.

Most likely ou will need to remove the door card to investigate.

Any Factory warranty remaining? First GDs were 2012 I believe. exp 2017 for wty

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
when I bought my car, the passenger window would not work from either switch, driver or passenger.
when one of the rear windows stooped working, I tried the rear door switch and it worked. so replaced both front switched and everything's working now.
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Thinking about this its probably a warranty job, just so I should ring the dealer I guess. Buttons for the window on both the drivers and passengers door don't activate the window all the other windows work fine from their respective buttons.

To me suggests either a broken motor or more likely the wire has come adrift from the motor, but I'll call the dealer today.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Its booked in for later this week in conjunction with its annual checkup up. The warranty runs out on the 23rd prompting an unusual discussion with the person taking the booking. They said it was mighty close to the end of the warranty not committing to a warranty fix. I advised them that as the issue was in play now, surely its a warranty thing. Bizarre.

Anyway, lets see how it works out.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Its booked in for later this week in conjunction with its annual checkup up. The warranty runs out on the 23rd prompting an unusual discussion with the person taking the booking. They said it was mighty close to the end of the warranty not committing to a warranty fix. I advised them that as the issue was in play now, surely its a warranty thing. Bizarre.

Stand your ground Keith, we will back you for what it is worth...  :victory:

It's not a 4 years 11 month and 25 day warranty!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Their problem and tough titty. Hyundai Australia  covers the warranty. Make sure it's documented somewhere.Probably an off the cuff remark.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I had a switch in the rear of the Wife's FD that never worked. Open circut they said, replaced under warranty.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
All good. They ordered a new motor from Sydney (I'm not in Sydney) and when I picked it up the window was working. Whether they replaced the motor I have no clue, I'll call tomorrow and see what happened.

In other news, that's the last of the warranty and a few warranty items were found on my now 5yo, 30k vehicle. Wheel bearings and ball joints. Not complaining, but seems unusual. Hope the others last a fair bit longer than that.

The engine is noticeably quieter too.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
All good. They ordered a new motor from Sydney (I'm not in Sydney) and when I picked it up the window was working. Whether they replaced the motor I have no clue, I'll call tomorrow and see what happened.

In other news, that's the last of the warranty and a few warranty items were found on my now 5yo, 30k vehicle. Wheel bearings and ball joints. Not complaining, but seems unusual. Hope the others last a fair bit longer than that.

Who found the extras? Very weird at 30K

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

The dealer I bet ! 
The warranty pays ,
Money, money , money   :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

The dealer I bet ! 
The warranty pays ,
Money, money , money   :lol:

I was thinking and it does happen. Caught places out before claiming but s replaced when they had not.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
I thought as much also but that's up to them. Some years ago I bought a new car and the stacker CD was defective from new. The dealer charged for a replacement unit but I reckon they just fixed a loose connection. They certainly never replaced it.

Still, cost me nothing directly and it was sorted, so nothing to see here I guess.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal