i30 Owners Club

Going to Spray my alloys Gloss Black (Thanks Hemmi for the Photoshopping)

Dazzler · 71 · 18403

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi Dazz,
The satin matches the rest of the black trim nicely.
Glosss would have been "cheap and nasty ".

Good job gents,   :goodjob2:  :goodjob:

Thanks Mick. Did you spot the hint of i30N? I think Gonz did.   :D

Even more so if I squint and turn the phone on an angle   :lol:  :wink:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Highly salubrious Dazz   :goodjob2:

:drinks: I had to google that word to work out how it related to my car ...  :D

Yes, with my interpretation it meant upmarket. :D Took me ages to convince my wife it was a real word before we had a computer. :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Highly salubrious Dazz   :goodjob2:

:drinks: I had to google that word to work out how it related to my car ...  :D

Yes, with my interpretation it meant upmarket. :D Took me ages to convince my wife it was a real word before we had a computer. :lol:

I kind of had the gist of the word, but when I googled it I worked out that was what you probably meant. Thanks again. Trish AND the Grandkids like them, so it must be good.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
sorry to hijack your post dazz but has anyone used this paint to paint wheels before? and how did it look after a year?

:link: VHT Wheel Paint Gloss Black
:link: VHT Wheel Paint Clear Coat

Looking to paint mine gloss black. I've done it in the past with my old car and was happy with the immediate result but after a few months or a year or so, the colour went from gloss black to ashy. No matter how much i cleaned it, it never got to the gloss black colour again. Perhaps the step i missed spraying clear shiny coat would have helped and prevented this?

Does anyone else have experience with this? really keen for black wheels on my white SR but this put me off DIY. everyone else seems to have positive experience tho
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

sorry to hijack your post dazz but has anyone used this paint to paint wheels before? and how did it look after a year?

Looking to paint mine gloss black. I've done it in the past with my old car and was happy with the immediate result but after a few months or a year or so, the colour went from gloss black to ashy. No matter how much i cleaned it, it never got to the gloss black colour again. Perhaps the step i missed spraying clear shiny coat would have helped and prevented this?

Does anyone else have experience with this? really keen for black wheels on my white SR but this put me off DIY. everyone else seems to have positive experience tho

Yeah, the clear coat would definitely help provided it didn't start to peel like clear coat can in some circumstances.  One of the reasons my mate recommended the two pack is that it doesn't deteriorate like most normal paint does...

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Tassie's not that far away  !   :mrgreen:  :winker:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Getting lots of positive comments from everyone who sees it in the flesh. Took a few more photos today and getting my Brother Richard to photoshop the roof gloss black. Quite tempted to get the roof and maybe the section between Bonnet and grill vinyl wrapped in black.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Very, very nice. When my funeral insurance is paid out I am going to get one of those and paint my wheels black. :snigger:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very, very nice. When my funeral insurance is paid out I am going to get one of those and paint my wheels black. :snigger:

So you are dying to get a PD then...  :Shocked:

I hope that is a long time away!  :fingers:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Dazz,
The way you're going,  you'll have a black car with red highlights,   :lol:  :wink:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Dazz,
The way you're going,  you'll have a black car with red highlights,   :lol:  :wink:

Yeah! and I hate black cars!  :Shocked: :crazy1: :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal