i30 Owners Club

2018 - Any of our members riding their pushy's?

eye30 · 173 · 30120

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Road up walking track that had 800meters of elevation in 16km, with my old riding mate, then we done the fire trail down other side that was really hard as was rough & twisty could not coast needed to use brakes most of way down. then we split up he went through Central Tiba to Mystery Bay, I took dirt tracks back to scenic drive out of Narooms then old highway. we were both stuffed. !!

my friend and our bikes on way up Mount Dromdary , also note we meet some nice walkers on way up & stopped for a chat they came from Hobart TAZ ( like our mate Dazz & Trish )

this was looking over side from track up about half way up

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the pictures John. Looks awesome. Is Central Tilba just adjacent to Tilba Tilba? Because we loved that place.

Was your mate Santa in another life or part of ZZ Top.  :snigger:

We aren't from Hobart (But I think most will get your drift)  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Lakes, I didn't know you were buddies with Santa...did he give you your snazzy bike :D be a nice ride up there :goodjob2:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Cheers for pics

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
Nice area down there but you are keener than I am.
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My Mate is a victim of the Aussie sun!! ha ha when he emigrated from GB that was a black beard.
Hey Dazz your two hours up the road from Hobart  :)
Yes Tilba Tilba just short distance south of Central Tilba, it is beautiful too two stores and a post office & Nursery  , if you are coming north, just after Bermagui turn off ( the turn off you take coming from the north ) the first Tilba Turn Off from the south 2 of three K down from central Tilba turn off & on old highway ( that was original highway ) they built a new by pass of Tilba, but before that all traffic went through Tilba Tilba going south to north, then turned into Bate st Central Tilba. mount Dromdary, overlooks the two towns.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Mate is a victim of the Aussie sun!! ha ha when he emigrated from GB that was a black beard.
Yes Tilba Tilba just short distance south of Central Tilba, it is beautiful too two stores and a post office & Nursery  , if you are coming north, just after Bermagui turn off ( the turn off you take coming from the north ) the first Tilba Turn Off from the south 2 of three K down from central Tilba turn off & on old highway ( that was original highway ) they built a new by pass of Tilba, but before that all traffic went through Tilba Tilba going south to north, then turned into Bate st Central Tilba. mount Dromdary, overlooks the two towns.

Actually I think we might have detoured through Central Tilba on one of our trips.

It's 300 kilometres Devonport to Hobart (so 3 hours even in @FatBoy V8 ute...)  :mrgreen:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Out around south cheshire yesterday.
Started at Nantwich Lake then off down the Shropshire Union Canal to Audlum.
Back roads to Wrenbury to join the Llangollen Canal.
Along the canal to Hurlston Locks to rejoin the Shropshire Union Canal, north of Nantwich. Back to Nantwich along Shropshire Union Canal for a well deserved pint at the Black Bull.......
On the way home I stopped off at Snugsbury ice cream farm to take photo's of Peter Rabbit made out of straw.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great pics :goodjob:

Bloody arsonists :disapp:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks Lester, good photos :goodjob2:

When I seen Peter Rabbit I thought straight away that would make a good bon fire, then after reading the sign realised some actually did it :faint:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:wts:  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Actually I think we might have detoured through Central Tilba on one of our trips.

It's 300 kilometres Devonport to Hobart (so 3 hours even in @FatBoy V8 ute...)  :mrgreen:

Dazz , thank's was not sure as I have never been up the middle route. just was told was quicker.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Great Pic's Lester!
and interesting story, I'm thinking what effect the pint of Black Bull would have on, ice cream? I can remember foaming soda using ice cream on ginger beer.
If you ever make it to Australia & get to Sydney, you need to find Hearts Pub at the Rocks, as one of the few places that still sell a Pint of Beer. they have a large selection on tap too for a man like you!!
you won't get drunk as they charge like a wounded Black Bull!! lol $8 a pint.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw this...

(click to show/hide)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw this...

(click to show/hide)
After watching that I cant resist either :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well got out with the fast group today for a 45km ride in the hilly local tracks . it's one of the hard rides we do.
I think when my m8 bought his Electric mountain bike there was about two other women that had earlier style E bikes & both road with slow group.
now we have that many, I've lost count, but people that told me they would never get one, now have them. still have to work, just helps on big hill's.
when I got mine I sold my old Trek mountain bike ( all peddle ) to a school teacher, he loved it. road with slower group. told me would never get an E bike. well today he comes up to me all smiles, he bought one  :happydance: , said took my old bike to get serviced and some gears needed replacing. then shop showed him a  Merida with Shimano motor new at a good price. an other guy complaining about his knee's when he rides with fast group they hurt trying to keep up looks like another convert  :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I much change the quick release hub i bought for the front wheel of my Mountain Bike so i can fit it in the SR... I would love an E-bike but $4000 is about 50 massages!  :crazy1:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wife bought one for work for a $1000 with shipping......

Only about 12 massages! Got a link John?  :cool:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I was so close to getting myself one of these.

:link: Add-E 600W Ebike Kit Video Review - YouTube

then wife found out and threw that idea into the bin  :P
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks interesting I've bookmarked it for a closer look in the morning.   :victory:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I like that electric module because it almost hidden away and not many people will notice until it start whining up.  Also the battery is hidden as a water bottle so no one would think it an electric thing.  Just pure class.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I like that electric module because it almost hidden away and not many people will notice until it start whining up.  Also the battery is hidden as a water bottle so no one would think it an electric thing.  Just pure class.

Plus my hearing is pretty average, which it would need to be. Anyway,  thanks for the link and the idea. More likely to go an add on kit than an e-bike.  :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Plus my hearing is pretty average, which it would need to be. Anyway,  thanks for the link and the idea. More likely to go an add on kit than an e-bike.  :goodjob:
Do note that the video is two years old and electric bike kits have evolved considerably since then, some updated model for you :link: Electric bike kits from Dillenger - The #1 eBike kit company for quality and value | Dillenger go hard with an off road kit :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Do note that the video is two years old and electric bike kits have evolved considerably since then, some updated model for you :link: Electric bike kits from Dillenger - The #1 eBike kit company for quality and value | Dillenger go hard with an off road kit :D

Thanks! BTW, I don't have any trouble going hard...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks! BTW, I don't have any trouble going hard...
As long as it’s not off-road in the mud :whistler:

I've heard about getting down and dirty, but not like that!  :crazy1:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dazz don't need to outlay that much$, for an E bike.

if your just riding foot paths or road side type riding, you can get a good one at a low price.
the riding we do and the speeds we hit down hill, the components need to be up to handling, hitting rocks going down hill's fast. also need good brakes. I've already ridden mine 4,200km in the rough. trouble free. if I tried it on a normal road pushy, would kill myself. the wheels would not last & would get lot of flats.
just like 4WD or a sports car.
some people like OS holiday's or going away on cruise ships.
it's about staying active.
the remarkable thing is, for the speeds we average in the fast group & never see anyone come off or get hurt.but we don't race!!
the other two groups the same but take there time and more stops.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers John,

I'll swap my hub 1st and see how easily she fits in the hatch with the wheel off. The sealed bike tracks I intend using don't really need an E-bike anyway.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm a couple of days away from packing up most of our belongings for relocation interstate. That includes my mountain bike, but while I'll live on base and do a lot more riding than driving until Christmas, I'm borrowing a bike my mother has been given by a friend in the hope she might try riding it.

Well, this week I put it in the back of Firty and gave it a quick once over. I think it's double the value of my bike!

:link: GT Transeo 5.0 | Hybrid Bikes for sale in Ringwood
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal