KEV248 · 4 · 2754

Offline KEV248

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Ok,

Ive done some research and im looking at installing a set of these bad boys

:link: LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit

Now, i need to know, will i need to install the Canbus kit with it or not? Would anyone know?
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR 1.6T Manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would think canbus is required, Give Autobarn a call as they’re the main JW distributors.

I’m not sure of the headlights in the PD model but if the low beam bulb fixture is the same as the GD then adapters might be required to fit them  :undecided:

“Note” the LED bulbs aren’t ADR approved, but if you don’t care I won’t tell :)

Offline KEV248

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
I would think canbus is required, Give Autobarn a call as they’re the main JW distributors.

I’m not sure of the headlights in the PD model but if the low beam bulb fixture is the same as the GD then adapters might be required to fit them  :undecided:

“Note” the LED bulbs aren’t ADR approved, but if you don’t care I won’t tell :)

ive had these globes in my old Subaru Liberty before, never got defected with them.

They are definately one of the best kits out there. I just wasnt sure if i needed the Canbus kit or not. Its another $50 on top pretty much!
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR 1.6T Manual

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
Hi Kev, I installed the Power 4000K LED bulbs on my FD and are really happy with them. One advantage on the 4000K is the better light rather than just bling and the colour is similar to a normal bulb and so hopefully won't attract the attention of the Police.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal