i30 Owners Club

New Member - UK Premium SE

Davros5 · 11 · 3435

Offline Davros5

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Hi all,

I'm now a happy Hyundai owner, having picked up my 1.4 T-GDi Premium SE DCT on Thursday.

I took the plunge by going for White Sand, and I'm so glad I did. It's a wonderful colour and really suits the car. I've even had several of my neighbours stop me in the street and compliment the car.  :goodjob2:

• Hyundai i30 1.4 T-GDI Premium SE DCT

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Looks as smooth as cream :D

Won't look that good once the roads of Lancashire have taken their toll :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Davros5

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
Looks as smooth as cream :D

Won't look that good once the roads of Lancashire have taken their toll :P

It looks and drives as smooth as cream. Most of the time I leave it in Eco mode and let the transmission do its silky smooth thing.

111 miles in and it already needs a wash!  :(

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Congratulations on the new car, colour looks nice :goodjob2:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Congrats. I like the color  :razz:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Very nice, I like it.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wts: Congrats. Looks awesome. I am happy with the operation of the DCT in my new PD as well.  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
👍New car happys 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Davros5

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancashire
I've had the car just over two weeks now - 840 miles are now on the clock :) 500 of those were a trip up to Scotland with my fiancee (who never had her heated seat off).

Last weekend I noticed a slight issue with the car - smearing windscreen wipers. It looks like something had contaminated the blades (probably wax from the valet or a very liberal application of Rain-X) - every time I went out in the rain, there was some kind of smear on the screen, which was driving me potty. The smearing persisted even after giving the blades and screen a thorough clean with every glass cleaning product under the sun.

In the end, I conceded defeat and picked up a pair of Bosch AeroTwin blades from Euro Car Parts and this looks to have sorted the issue. I'm a big fan of Bosch blades anyway after swapping the blade on my old car for an AeroTwin.

Positives:

• Driving Experience -  In Eco mode, it's a lovely cruiser, but in Sport it's quite quick and nippy - surprisingly so at times. The handling is quite good too - no sports car, but nice enough on a back road.
  • Space and Comfort - I didn't feel tired after the trip to Scotland - couldn't have said that after the same drive in my old car. Driving position is spot on too.
  • Looks - A very smart and understated car that looks expensive but doesn't shout about being flashy.
  • Headlights - very bright and powerful. A huge upgrade compared to halogen bulbs.
  • Standard Safety Kit - Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitor and Forward Collision Warning have all proven themselves since I got the car.
  • Opening Sunroof - lets lots of light and fresh air in.
  • Comparative Rarity - I've only seen two PD i30s in the past month!

Negatives:

• Sometimes Eco mode can be a little bit slow when needing to get a move on - such as pulling on to a busy roundabout.
  • The issue with the smeary wipers
  • That's about it.

Currently I'm averaging around 35 MPG which isn't too bad for a brand new car with mostly urban driving. I can easily get 40 to 45 MPG out of it on a run, and I had half a tank left when I got to Scotland after filling it that morning.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Must live near Chorley Steve, someones vandalized is number plate already  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Welcome aboard, looks real nice  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 22:49:01 by asathorny »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the mini review. I like normal mode best. Seems to be best compromise for me with 1.6 turbo. I haven't had the wiper issue in the 1st 20,000 kilometres. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal