i30 Owners Club

GDS VCI diagnostic module

tw2005 · 10 · 9652

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
CAlling out to anyone who has purchased one of these Chinese specials who can assist with the software.

I have some files which are corrupted that I need to complete the install.

:goodjob2:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Will an updated software file fix it :undecided: you can download the V19 software file here free :link: GDS VCI V19 Software for Kia/Hyundai Diagnostic Software Download Free |
Thanks, got no idea. The OEM China version was burnt on several low cost no name discs broken upinto 700mb RAR files. Disc 1 was defective got all files except part 3 of 38. Trying to communicate with seller who's sent a link to a site I can't read and need to be a member etc etc. Not like a shared drive like google.

Not happy :Pout:

Thanks , I think I may have already started those torrents from else where but see how I go. Probably spend the next month working this out.

On a lighter note, the GDS manual on VMWare contained GDS VCI so I tried it and it communicated with the car. managed to turn on the auto lock/unlock feature on the SX and get some injector codings from my wagon.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like you might have to get the seller to send out new discs, the software file I linked is about 500kb.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Looks like you might have to get the seller to send out new discs, the software file I linked is about 500kb.
for the torrent yes, but the download is 15-20Gb I think

anyway, here's a snapshot of my injector trims in the 2010 CW

should also mention step 1 of my rebirthed russian remote was completed by syncing the remote to unlock the car

Step 2 willl be the cut to code
Step 3 hopefully the immobo sync

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 13:23:37 by tw2005 »

guest9517
Im a bit confused about those GDS VCI´s thats on sale on the net....Mines a ´16 EURO-6 (Buildt march ´15) Czech made 81KW CRDI & as i get it, the latest avail module is up to ´15.

Has anyone seen something that could be useful. Any reasonable prized alternative that does more (Bodycomputer & so on), than the standard ELM 327 interfaces?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Im a bit confused about those GDS VCI´s thats on sale on the net....Mines a ´16 EURO-6 (Buildt march ´15) Czech made 81KW CRDI & as i get it, the latest avail module is up to ´15.

Has anyone seen something that could be useful. Any reasonable prized alternative that does more (Bodycomputer & so on), than the standard ELM 327 interfaces?
I can't say. I'm tip toeing at the moment blind. I'm always very skeptical of any chinese clone and what they claim but the price of this one was about $140 AUD delivered. The only pitfall the software is on discs where most supply USB . Something I never considered.

But I had downloaded a Virtual machine copy of GDS just for the manual which is inside the diagnostics as well.

Incredibly it's actually working but the GDS I have only goes to about 2010. If I program this spare key then it just paid for itself because the dealership prices for this are extortion

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
After much stuffing around a little warning.

The software they supply is for US market, HMA, we need HME.  So the issue there is obviously different models and you won't find an FD diesel in the US.

Craig's link is for the Europe but functionality will be limited as it needs certification by Hyundai and that's not going to happen unless you have access rights to a login.

Other than that it'll do for programming keys, remotes, diagnostics.  No software flashing though but I don't see the need for that. If there's bug needing an update safer to get it done at the dealer.

guest9517

The software they supply is for US market, HMA, we need HME.  So the issue there is obviously different models and you won't find an FD diesel in the US.

Craig's link is for the Europe but functionality will be limited as it needs certification by Hyundai and that's not going to happen unless you have access rights to a login.

Other than that it'll do for programming keys, remotes, diagnostics.  No software flashing though but I don't see the need for that. If there's bug needing an update safer to get it done at the dealer.

I thought you got your cars from Korea & not Europe?

I´f seen harddrive for sale on Ebay with newer EU-software, but as i read it, they only work up with MY 2014 so last 2 years of EU-production doesnt seem to be covered. If anyone got other knowledge, id love to hear about it  :goodjob:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

I thought you got your cars from Korea & not Europe?

I´f seen harddrive for sale on Ebay with newer EU-software, but as i read it, they only work up with MY 2014 so last 2 years of EU-production doesnt seem to be covered. If anyone got other knowledge, id love to hear about it  :goodjob:
What do you want to achieve with it? Also PM me ypur VIn and I'll let you know if It registers in what I got.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal