i30 Owners Club

i30 pure - how to have usb/gps

Offline felixcar

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Munich
I got an i30 pure 2018 and kind of regret because it comes only with radio!
Would you have any suggestions on how to make it "connected"?
Any ports or possible plugs/cables/whatever that I could use without losing the warranty?
So far the only thing I found is these FM radio transmitters that you can plug into the Cigarette lighter, which probably have a horrible sound quality.
Thanks all.
Cheers

• i30 pure 2018

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
So your model doesn't have a USB port :undecided: or do you mean that you want to have GPS navigation on the head unit via the USB port :undecided:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 18:53:40 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Felix

Are you sure a USB just isn't just hidden somewhere? What about bluetooth? Surely it has that? Play music from your phone that way.  :undecided:

I tried to navigate around the German Hyundai Website, but it was a bit tricky and I couldn't see the Pure Version.  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
You could buy a Garmin sat-nav which will allow phone connectivity for some features like, GPS navigation etc, speed camera warnings, traffic warnings and plugs into the cigar lighter socket

The inconvenience being it is not wise to leave it visible in the car when you park in public places - they are a target for thieves.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

In this video it looks like the USB port is under the aircon controls.

:link: 2018 Hyundai i30 1.4 Pure - Exterior and Interior - Autotage Hamburg 2018 - YouTube

Well picked up Craig. :victory:

Looks like their version of our "go" entry level model.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well picked up Craig. :victory:

Looks like their version of our "go" entry level model.
Which should also have Bluetooth  :undecided:

Offline felixcar

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
      Munich
hi everyone,
first of all, I would like to say that I´m impressed with the support here in this forum. Really great community!! Many thanks for your comments, Dazzler, CraigB and AlanHo.
Unfortunately it seems that the i30 pure model displayed in the video is different from the one I bought.
Below is a picture from the radio and the two cigarette lighter outlets.
Also the specs (http://www.hyundai.news/fileadmin/de/Pressemappen/i30/i30-2017-2-ausstattung.pdf). Unfortunately in German, but you can see that there aren´t many squares in the part they describe the radio (page 5)  :crazy2:
anyways, when I bought it, I didn´t think I would miss connectivity so much. There is no USB, no Bluetooth, no Aux input. Just nothing. Honestly I feel like an idiot now for such a terrible decision.
For the GPS, it´s ok because I can just buy a Garmin and I would not care to see some cables floating around. But for long trips, AM/FM is just not enough.

Again, thank you guys for taking the time to read my post and for your suggestions.
cheers,

• i30 pure 2018

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Bugger :disapp: in your situation I'd think of looking for a unit from a higher model (non sat nav) that wound up at the wreckers/breakers, then you could get the head unit - USB wiring and USB/AUX port module for a complete upgrade.

It would be worthwhile talking to a local car audio shop to see what they might be able to offer with advice or possible fitment of second hand unit or even a new "other" branded Android unit.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Bugger :disapp: in your situation I'd think of looking for a unit from a higher model (non sat nav) that wound up at the wreckers/breakers, then you could get the head unit - USB wiring and USB/AUX port module for a complete upgrade.

It would be worthwhile talking to a local car audio shop to see what they might be able to offer with advice or possible fitment of second hand unit or even a new "other" branded Android unit.

Hi again Felix,

Glad you appreciate the support.  :goodjob:

Craig beat me to it. DOn't despair too much. THe amount you saved going for the lower model is probably less more than it would cost you to get a deluxe aftermarket stereo added. The inbuilt stereo has a lesser warranty (usually) than the car itself anyway. So if you can afford to check out the options that Craig has suggested. All is not lost.

Crazy decision by Hyundai to release a car in 2018 without USB or Bluetooth (absolutely insane)  :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal