i30 Owners Club

Build date question

John B · 7 · 1590

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
As some of you know I have been getting insurance quotes. Has anybody had this problem, when my rego number is entered by insurance companies to confirm the year of my car it comes up with 2013 and yet the build date on the plate of my car and my vin number show it is a 2014. I have just checked on the Transport Qld Gov /  check rego site on line by entering my vin number, and sure enough it shows my car is a 2014. I have had two insurance companies insist it is a 2013. Surely they must be checking the Transport Gov site by just putting in my rego number.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
As some of you know I have been getting insurance quotes. Has anybody had this problem, when my rego number is entered by insurance companies to confirm the year of my car it comes up with 2013 and yet the build date on the plate of my car and my vin number show it is a 2014. I have just checked on the Transport Qld Gov /  check rego site on line by entering my vin number, and sure enough it shows my car is a 2014. I have had two insurance companies insist it is a 2013. Surely they must be checking the Transport Gov site by just putting in my rego number.
PM me either rego or vin. It may be built in 2013, complianced 2014 or MY2014. what does your current insurer have it as?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
PM me either rego or vin. It may be built in 2013, complianced 2014 or MY2014. what does your current insurer have it as?

Thanks Gerard, they have it at 2014. Build date plate on car is definitely 2014.    Pm following
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
PM sent, definitely 2014 built at the factory. maybe avoid those insurers?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
PM sent, definitely 2014 built at the factory. maybe avoid those insurers?

I reckon, like to know where they get the wrong information from. Thanks for your help. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
John are you looking at the black plate ( build date) and the separate white Compliance label (first registered date)?
Main problem is that different agencies ask for one or the other, its not consistent.  :crazy2:
We define the car age by compliance plate date, because that's when it first went on the road.
Check the valuations online (carsales.com), the model will be MY10 or MY11 etc depending the period it was built.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
John are you looking at the black plate ( build date) and the separate white Compliance label (first registered date)?
Main problem is that different agencies ask for one or the other, its not consistent.  :crazy2:
We define the car age by compliance plate date, because that's when it first went on the road.
Check the valuations online (carsales.com), the model will be MY10 or MY11 etc depending the period it was built.

Thanks Gary, all sorted now and the insurance companies were wrong. Build date as confirmed by the plate on the car and transport.gov.au is 2014 .  Definitely MY14. Gerard was also kind enough to check as well and he confirmed by pm that it is 2014 year. :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal