Apple self-driving car in minor crash

eye30 · 5 · 1737

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A self-driving car owned by Apple was involved in an accident, California’s road authority has confirmed.

The car, a modified Lexus RX450h with autonomous sensors, was rear-ended by a human driver in a Nissan Leaf.

Humans were unhurt, but the machines suffered moderate damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45380373

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
I only saw the headline in my news feed earlier, the way it was crafted it looked like the Apple car was the issue. Why would they even report a rear-end incident!
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I only saw the headline in my news feed earlier, the way it was crafted it looked like the Apple car was the issue. Why would they even report a rear-end incident!

:whsaid: Slow news day!  :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Because it is new and people click on it.

Once there are a few hundred more accidents it will lose its appeal and they won't be reported on at all. Which dare I say it is what the developers want hence the overt 'disclosure' of every accident. Once we become more accepting of the narative that self driving technology is not perfect but better than human efforts, they can move to bring it online. The accidents will be sold as not being able to be avoided by a human either so unavoidable, and will attract less news each time.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Because it is new and people click on it.

Once there are a few hundred more accidents it will lose its appeal and they won't be reported on at all. Which dare I say it is what the developers want hence the overt 'disclosure' of every accident. Once we become more accepting of the narative that self driving technology is not perfect but better than human efforts, they can move to bring it online. The accidents will be sold as not being able to be avoided by a human either so unavoidable, and will attract less news each time.

Agree Beerman,
Originally concept sold as " accident FREE motoring, all decisions made by a smarter,  more capable form of intelligence,  sit back, relax and enjoy."
But in the real world it's impossible to achieve 100% of the time.
Now billed as "Safer alternative ".
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal