i30 Owners Club

Any way to get AUX working when upgrading GD-01 to GD-03?

Hyre · 6 · 1739

Offline Hyre

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi

This is my first post so please go easy if this is the wrong place or if I miss anything 😁

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is an adaptor or a hack to get the Aux working when upgrading the GD-01 to the gd-03? I can't find any solutions here or elsewhere.

Also will I need a security code or anything when changing the head unit if I got one from the wreckers? I'm reading conflicting comments on that.

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated 😁 Thanks!
  • 2013 I30 SE 3DR 1.6lt Petrol 6sp Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Hyre,

As you can see I moved your post but it's not a problem.  :goodjob:

Hopefully @CraigB  or some other helpful member will pop up in the next day or two with some thoughts / info.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I cant help with the AUX connection, I just left mine as no need for it.

No code is required for the change to a GD-03 unit :)

Offline j_a_h_2077

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Springfield, Australia
I just hand soldered the wires off my harness of the GD-03 USB wiring harness to the original harness in the car. A bit fiddly / restricted with room but it works (and the blue backlight on the labels also works).
  • 2014 i30 'Trophy' (1.6 CRDI)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I just hand soldered the wires off my harness of the GD-03 USB wiring harness to the original harness in the car. A bit fiddly / restricted with room but it works (and the blue backlight on the labels also works).
What other wiring harness are you referring to :undecided: did you also get the Auxiliary module plug harness from the donor vehicle with the stereo and Apple/Android USB cable?

I've only got the GD-01 factory harness still in use with the upgraded USB lead/module for Apple car Play/Android Auto

Offline j_a_h_2077

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Springfield, Australia
Hi,

I also got a short section of the harness including the plug (about 10cm). I cut off the old plug (flush) the stripped, tinned, soldered & heat shrunked the splices.

Also don’t forget you also need the auxiliary USB cable as the GD-01 head the USB data / power lines in the main harness.
  • 2014 i30 'Trophy' (1.6 CRDI)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal