i30 Owners Club

My 2017 sr

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Hi Guys
I picked up my marina blue MY18 PD i30 SR DCT today. keeping leaving the key in car :)
Watched a few reviews/ videos and really liked that the indicators were integrated into the DRL (Daytime Running Lamps) so white light LEDs go off when indicating, and orange LEDs flash like JEEP & Audi. This does not seem to be the case on my SR, just the indicator next to headlight cluster.
What does your DRLs do with the indicators on? :confused:
Apart from that  it drives nicely

regards
Crusty

• 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Just checked the i30 PD specs sheet we have. It appears that the LED indicators are only on the CRDi Premium and SR Premium.  Perhaps it's combined with the LED headlight cluster on the Premium versions?

Then again, I've been wrong before,  Crusty.

Bob

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 14:59:53 by CraigB »
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Congrats on the new car.

Can't comment on the blinkers as I'm still stuck with my 2008 FD..  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Mine has DRL that change to orange when turning, so I guess DRLs with blinkers are only found on i30s with full LED headlights. Just happened to see a couple of days ago one that had blinkers in the headlights, but there were no LED headlights.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cheers @MIY

So the 1.4 Turbo goes ok? Be interested to see pictures and some more details if you get a chance (in General discussion would be fine)

Most of the posts about the New PD have been Aussie SR owners (1.6 turbo) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Mine has DRL that change to orange when turning, so I guess DRLs with blinkers are only found on i30s with full LED headlights. Just happened to see a couple of days ago one that had blinkers in the headlights, but there were no LED headlights.

Is yours the SR Premium 1.4 GDI turbo or SR? Crusty

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Well, in Romania, mine it's called 1.4 T-GDI Launch Edition Exclusive. We have here a few other trims than you guys do in Australia. Classic, Comfort, Highway and Exclusive. My trim, compared to what I've seen in the world, it's a bland between the top model and the one just under it. It's the top model offered here, at least yet. I'm missing memory seats, panorama roof, perforated leather with ventilated seats, the 8 inch navigation unit, LED rear lights and the chrome grille (mine it's glossy black with chrome outline). Main features my trim has, are heated steering wheel and front seats, rear camera, 17 inch alloys, fully LED headlights and front fog lights.
I'll soon open a topic to present it, just need to take some nicer shots of it.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Well, in Romania, mine it's called 1.4 T-GDI Launch Edition Exclusive. We have here a few other trims than you guys do in Australia. Classic, Comfort, Highway and Exclusive. My trim, compared to what I've seen in the world, it's a bland between the top model and the one just under it. It's the top model offered here, at least yet. I'm missing memory seats, panorama roof, perforated leather with ventilated seats, the 8 inch navigation unit, LED rear lights and the chrome grille (mine it's glossy black with chrome outline). Main features my trim has, are heated steering wheel and front seats, rear camera, 17 inch alloys, fully LED headlights and front fog lights.
I'll soon open a topic to present it, just need to take some nicer shots of it.
Sounds like you have what we call the SR here but you have the LED upgrade on the front end, shame they don't give you the rear LED's to go with it.

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Ok.
Actually I never thought it will come without LED taillights... I actually was disappointed when I noticed, but I'm planning to upgrade them next year anyway.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
Cheers @MIY

So the 1.4 Turbo goes ok? Be interested to see pictures and some more details if you get a chance (in General discussion would be fine)

Most of the posts about the New PD have been Aussie SR owners (1.6 turbo) :goodjob:

Sure!
Will start a topic soon as I take some decent pictures. Will also leave my feedback about the car.
1.4 turbo runs smoothly and responsive, making the ride very pleasant. All my friends who drove the car or rode with me were very impressed about everything from design to features and performance.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cheers @MIY

Sure!
Will start a topic soon as I take some decent pictures. Will also leave my feedback about the car.
1.4 turbo runs smoothly and responsive, making the ride very pleasant. All my friends who drove the car or rode with me were very impressed about everything from design to features and performance.

Thanks for the feedback. Look forward to your topic (when you get a chance) Quite a different mixture of feature!  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Re the LED tail light enclosure, I do suspect the indicators are not LED.  I noticed in the manual that the specs describe a wattage for the indicators, but not the other lights.  I'll need to check OURI30 out in the daylight to confirm this.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Good topic feedback. Yes it would be good to get feedback from the different variants across the globe especially with different trim levels. I do like the combined indicator LED DRL daytime running light option and will ask Hyundai dealer when mine goes on for first free service how much that upgrade would cost. I expect headlights will also need to change to LED from halogen bulbs as no indicator system in the cluster that I can see which will be possibly the biggest cost.

On my previous Veloster a lot of forum Veloster & Turbo owners changed from halogen to HIDs with DIY kits. Hopefully that may be available soon for i30 owners too but LED kits...

Looking back my demo car was a 1.6Turbo GDI DCT SR premium with the works panoramic sun roof, heated & cooled semi leather seats, led headlights

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal